Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • new job ahoy!!! but how to tell my boss????
  • footflaps

Thanks guys im awaiting a pick up now and will tell him on way home, its bad when your job is ruined like that, how can young lads learn a trade from a idiot and a bully???

There are lots of them about. My OH was bullied by her boss at her last place – lasted 5 months then luckily found another job. She used to come home most days in tears and this was working for one of the world’s largest car companies, whose vehicles are much beloved my mountain bikers.

satchm00
    Free Member

I’m all against burning bridges but if he is a dick the chances are you won’t ever go back anyway so **** it.

Hand your notice in and seek legal advice if he’s holding wages back. The course is his problem no point being nice about it, its business nothing personal. Its not out of his wallet is it…

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I think the courses are from his wallet as he needs us to have them for another site thats strict on hse, its perfectly legal to hold for 30 days, but lukily i dnt really need them atm as we have savings, hrs just text me asking for a official written one so im going to write it and post tonight dsted and timed before midnight as to uphold the 5days notice period lol

rudebwoy
    Free Member

a tip for you bigphil– you should join UCATT, for a couple of quid aweek give you a whole heap of peace of mind, besides all bosses have their ‘unions’– likewise we have ours– you can join direct debit if you worried about people knowing– you be amazed how many blokes don’t bother to claim their holiday pay ! even as so called self employed you are entitled to it.- Plug over !

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

My best pals mrs head of hr for a global company, shes clever and hires/sacks people for a job, she is my union!!!! She helped me get my redundancy from a company in admin, when everyone else said, oh you must claim of government etc, she also advised me to decline a job offer in a firm buyout situation, the lads who jumped lost all their “continued service” bonuses, redundancy, and holidays etc, i didnt jump and got all my pay, 2 weeks later they got laid off with nowt, so shes my helper : )

somafunk

bigphil, Christ , Sounds like your boss is a complete arse of the highest order and you’re well shot of the job, i wouldn’t bother saying anything as karma will soon get the better of him or more likely another tradesman will snap and skelp him wi a 4ft length of cls, i’m surprised it’s not already happened as our local tradesmen up here in galloway don’t mess about wi arseholes like that but i imagine it’s different if you stay in a large city or large town.

Enjoy your new job when you start it, just think?, none of the usual stress that comes on a sunday knowing you have another week of shite to put up with before a day or two off, i used to hate the weekends as just as i started to relax i realised had to get up on monday morning for another 5 days of hell, now i have a job i want to get up for – makes all the difference. Good luck,

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Thanks man, appriciate it, i will be looking foward to my job now : ) unfortunatley theyre large sites run by the guy he arselicks, so any hassle he goes running, everyone knows this so all have to bite their lips, md loves him as he saves him a shed load of cash, which he loves. He wouldent last 5 mins on a real site with no safetynet, and he knows it. I might bump into him… One day eh.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘new job ahoy!!! but how to tell my boss????’ is closed to new replies.