• This topic has 53 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by LeeW.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • New James Bond film announced… but who will he be?
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

There’s nothing worse than a too old Bond.

DC is only 52!

But he does however look older – I’ve seen him in real life (I was in the 2nd row back from him) and he does look pretty ‘weathered’.

johnnystorm

Deffo Ted Glen. He has the skills to be Q as well.

edlong
    Free Member

Even if it was a stand-alone film, a Bond film based in the 60s with a more anti-hero Bond rather than a modern hero version could be a great film and I think audiences could be more accepting of him because “it was okay back then”.

Agreed. Or even set during the Cold War.[/quote]

A Bond film set in the 60s / Cold War? Don’t we already have one or two of those?

70s/Roger Moore era Bond embarks on a mission into space but accidentally goes through a wormhole in time and re-emerges in the present day.

The womanising, shoot first, devil may care Bond has to adjust to our politically correct, post aids culture. Hilarity ensues.

Roger Moore/Bond should be played by noted theatricalist Iain Glen.

Perhaps he could be played by Mike Myers, and renamed “Austin Powers”?

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

DC is only 52!

[panto]Oh no he isn’t![/panto] 😉

Daniel Craig is 49, apparently he briefly attended Calday Grange Grammar School sixth form just before I joined at the end of year 1.

IHN

In which case, you may also have been at school with Chris Boardman

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

No idea if CB attended Calday, but I was aware of him living near West Kirby (down the road) before he became famous on his Lotus track bike.

But on a related note, Steve Cummings who was in this year’s TdF apparently attended, but 7/8 years after I had moved to Southampton.

P-Jay
    Free Member

A Bond film set in the 60s / Cold War? Don’t we already have one or two of those?

Yes, but we could have more.

I think the character was better suited to the pre cold-war world in terms of his work and pre-90s at least in terms of his attitude.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

We couldn’t have a younger Bond. The generation where everything is “Meh”, couldn’t be arsed getting out of bed to save the world and blaming everything on the older generation…
    What we need is another Austin Powers.

Northwind

monkeysfeet – Member

We couldn’t have a younger Bond.

jimjam
    Free Member

edlong

Perhaps he could be played by Mike Myers, and renamed “Austin Powers”?

It’s almost as if….you didn’t see what I did there.

Rich_s

I’ve heard he actually went to Hilbre school and had up to one year at Calday. Anyway, a lady of my acquaintance stalked bumped into him in that there London and said he’s pretty small.

CountZero

After his ground-breaking success in Dunkirk, its only a matter of time before they announce Harry Styles as the new Bond!
    Absolute shoe-in for the rôle, I reckon.

LeeW

Daniel Craig signs up for two more films

Quite happy about it to be honest.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘New James Bond film announced… but who will he be?’ is closed to new replies.