Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New jacket
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Since I was knocked off my bike the other day, I thought I may get a new, higher visibility jacket. Although the woman admitted it was all her fault and I was riding with lights, reflectors, reflective arm-bands etc, I thought maybe a higher viz jacket may be a good move.

Are the black Altura Nightvision ones any good for this, and as a waterproof?

Any other suggestions?

mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone?

elaineanne
    Free Member

i wouldnt wear black really at nite, altho the reflective parts are good on the Altura… lol they do 'high viz yellow' (hopefully she wont knock you off yer bike then… lol (soz)
    ive seen a nice Altura red/chocolate jacket recently…lots around at this time of year, but yep better to be seen in a brighter jacket…

wwaswas

2nd the hi-viz yellow one – you want to be seen in daylight too.

Fat-boy-fat

If I was you, I'd go for a nitezone vest over your jacket. Bit spanner looking but they beat the pants off any jacket I've seen and they're cheap as.

Northwind

Get the jacket you want, and add a mesh workie's vest or long-sleeve over the top… The reflectives most bike kit uses are pretty rotten, really, the wee patches on altura kit are OK but not a patch on the retroreflectives you get on proper class 2s. And most of these things are very open-weave so not sweaty.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New jacket’ is closed to new replies.