Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New Ishuffle
  • Kuco

Nice looking and clever and ideal if like me you only want it for running/gym but a bugger your going to be stuck with Apples headphones 🙁

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodshuffle/

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

4gb for £59, not bad

Gary_M
    Free Member

4gb for that price is great, but it would mean being stuck with crap headphones. I’ll stick with the one I’ve got, the controls aren’t exactly difficult to use on that. And would that control dangling from your ear not be a bit annoying.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richc
    Free Member

I should imagine it won’t take long before you can get other headphones to work with it.

nickc

cool

CountZero

I’ll wait for the quality headphones or an adaptor/control lead to come out. Neat tho’, and as I always have my pod or phone on shuffle anyway the lack of a screen hardly bothers me.

Karl33to
    Free Member

you can always solder some better quality earbuds onto the ends of the existing cables

Soup
    Free Member

Can’t imagine that scrolling blindly through 4GB of music until you find what you want will bring much joy though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can’t imagine that scrolling blindly through 4GB of music until you find what you want will bring much joy though.

I think you’ve missed the point of a shuffle Soup. You load it with xgb of music you like, not a pile of crap that’ll you want to skip.

I thought about it some more on the ride home last night, when I’m riding I always have my shuffle either in my front pocket if I wear a jacket or clipped to the bottom of my jersey. To adjust volume etc I move my hand ‘not very far’, if the controls are at the ear bud I would have to move my hand a whole lot further. I don’t see how it’s easier to use.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think the reason for putting the controls there is so they can make the thing even smaller.

GW
    Free Member

are these available to buy yet?

Soup
    Free Member

I’m not missing the point, it’s just that seeing how small they are anyway with a display, I don’t see the point.

I just use my phone – 4GB and built in radio and headphones of my choice.

Jamie
    Free Member

Controls on headphone means i will give this one a miss i reckon.

Kuco

GW yes order today and they should be with you within 5 days though with pass experience with apple allow a little longer.

GW
    Free Member

Soup – less to smash when you crash, and the headphone control makes sense to me for biking.
    I use my fone (8GB)for music too, but tend to leave it in the car if it’s raining or I’m DHing as I’ve destroyed phones in the past while riding (well.. crashing ;)).

GW
    Free Member

cheers Kuco! any idea how long before I can just buy one from a shop?

ThePerfectKiss

Nah, can do without the Californiabotic voice over –

Needs some additional voice choice, sexy french actress anyone ?

shaggy

Are you sure you need to use the Apple headphones? there are controls on the body- just no skip button.

Gary_M
    Free Member

there are controls on the body- just no skip button

I can only see off/shuffle/continuous.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New Ishuffle’ is closed to new replies.