Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New ish build- time to snazzify!
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

I've finished the build and ridden it a few times and its great! However there is too much black for my liking. Having sold a few parts recently i've got a bit of spare cash to throw at it. I was thinking red bits but what do you reckon? (there is a straitline bash to go on the cranks when some proper length chainring bolts arrive)

First off has to be the grips as they are manky, and seat QR. I also could do with some slightly wider bars i reckon. What do you think??

tails
    Free Member

I think it looks fine other than that dropped chain.

D0NK

Get some much better forks those are gash (i'll dispose of them for you for a nominal fee)
    same goes for the brakes, handlebars, stem, seatpost and cranks.

🙂

wwaswas

I'd get the tyre and rim logo's lined up.

Unless you're adding lightness and/or strength then I'd leave as is, personally.

lcj

Spend some money with BETD to get their kit to slacken off the head angle – it does wonders to the handling.

The rest of the build is nice, I'd not tinker too much

Jammy111
    Free Member

i think you guys are missing the point. i was not planning on changing the main parts of the build, apart form maybe the bars for something around the 710mm mark. I was meaning stuff like coloured seat QR, coloured cage bolts, grips with coloured lock on's etc etc- the parts that cost a fortune and are really small aka bling 😀

lcj- i was thinking about that, but i reckon the forks will already have slackened it off a bit being 150, when its designed for 130ish from memory.

cynic-al
    Free Member

White rims and blue accented components where possible – will look teh shizzle!

RestlessNative
    Free Member

you can't have too much black really

personally I'd stick black grips on it and leave it like that (which is exactly the black everything and white forks colour scheme of my bike)

SamB
    Free Member

Got to be Intense lock-on grips to replace the current ones. Apart from blatant brand whoring they are excellent – nice and grippy with inboard flanges.

I also agree on the 710mm bar thing – feel much better than 680mm. I'll post up a pic of my 5.5 when I get home 🙂

richmtb

Looks quite similar to my ano black Blur LT.

I added red hope seat QR and red rear QR skewer (maxle at the front is still black) Lock ons with red collars would also look nice (if you go back to black grips)

For major bling points get a set of red centred Hope floating rotors and flog the black ones

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I've gone red highlights on my ano black BLT:
    levers and resevoir caps
    piston caps
    Hope headset
    Hope seat skewer
    ODI lock on grips with red collars

I've also got red Hope ProII hubs and about to get some floating rotors with red centres

D0NK

i think you guys are missing the point.

I'm sorry you say you want to tart up your (perfectly good) bike and you expect serious replies?

bobbyspangles

betd do a kit? tell me more…

lcj

£40 quid and it gets you offset shock bushings. These drop about 1.5 degrees off the head angle and give the bike a much better feel IMO. You're much more in than on it, and the steering is nicely slowed for steeper/lairier stuff.

Jammy – you're right, it'll be slacker now, but I suspect you've raised the BB as well which wont be too pleasant – the kit amy go some way to correct that as well.

Jammy111
    Free Member

any pictures of these black bikes with red bits? I dont want to overdo it…
    have you got a link to that kit lcj??

sc-xc

I have yet to see a bike that looks good with all that coloured tat on. Bolts, QRs, Reservoir caps etc look bloody stupid when they are all colour coordinated. Less is more in this case, and some bike on here are **** stupid.

That's not my opinion by the way. That's the truth. You blind fools.

taka
    Free Member

white saddle
    blue hubs
    white rims
    blue bb
    blue headset
    blue seatclamp
    chainring bolts

angryratio
    Free Member

leave it alone?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

would agree with b bethel as it looks fine as it is.

Moreimportantly,
    ENJOY!
    8)

Johnbot
    Free Member

I'm not one for having colour for the sake of it, especially when it is just bolts, clips etc dotted around the bike. If I had to do something I would de badge it and get white rims. The stickers do it no justice. IMO.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Lime green rims

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New ish build- time to snazzify!’ is closed to new replies.