Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New iPhone synching issues – advice please?
  • grtdkad

So, I have just received a new iPhone 6 and am trying to synch it to my old iPhone 5 via my iCloud back-up.

However my old ‘5’ is on iOS9.2 and the new one, fresh out of the box is on iOS9.1 so I am being told I can not synch (and therefore can not use my new phone).

Any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated please?

My PC is goosed so I can’t use that and the nearest Genius / Apple shop is a 80 mile round-trip Are there any other options available?

jam-bo

Update the new one to 9.2

grtdkad

That would be great but I don’t appear to be able to get beyond the ‘setting up your new phone’ section, I’ve not got to iOS options yet…

Can I skip this synch bit and come back to it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

Yes. Set it up as a new phone and update to 9.2

grtdkad

Oh okay.. can I then pull-across my set-up, date etc from the old phone via the iCloud back-up?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Sod the icloud milarcy off, plug it into pc and itunes, do a encrypted backup. Whack the new phone in and restore. Otherwise you lose all passwords etc.

grtdkad

Hi wysiwyg, PC is knackered so can’t access iTunes on-line, so stuck with the cloud shizzle…

jambalaya
    Free Member

I always do this via iTunes, that works well old phone to new.

I imagine if you update the new 6 to 9.2 (don’t login to iCloud in case it wipes the backup) and then resotre from iCloud backup you should be fine.

A couple friends complained that Candy Crush levels don’t copy over, they went from 950/1,000 baxk to 1. First world problems 🙂

jb72
    Free Member

– setup as new
    – update
    – reset
    – setup with backup

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Tried setting up as a new phone then turning on icloud?

grtdkad

That did it, thanks JB!

Open, set up as new device.
    Update from iOS 9.1 to 9.2

Once finished, Reset (removing all data etc)

Open the device again, but at the Apps&Data section, select ‘Restore from iCloud back-up’

Job done, thanks all!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New iPhone synching issues – advice please?’ is closed to new replies.