• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New iphone 5 wont sinc with itunes, need new itunes, need new OS!!!! – help!!
  • organic355
    Free Member

just got my new iphone 5 and went to sync in with the macbook, says it needs itunes 10.7 so fine i download it. Try to install it and it says its not compatible with my OS, I need 10.6.8 to run it and Ive only got 10.5.8.

So where do I get 10,6.8? think thats snow leopard??? but not available on apple store? what are my options?

Not even sure my macbook pro will run 10.6.8? its a 2.95gHz intel Core 2 Due 4GB.

Kryton57

Same here.

You can upgrade / download iTunes 7 to a PC, and sort your phone out that way. That’ll get your phone, contacts, emails texts but no apps.

You need to phone Apple UK Sales and buy a copy of OS10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) which will cost you £18 and they’ll send you a CD and upgrade – it will work I’m running the same MacBook as you and I checked with them today. After that you can upgrade via the App store that comes with the new OS all the way to Mountain Lion (current) if you want.

I know, it pished me off too….

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’m running 10.6.8 on a 1.66GHz Mac Mini, you should be fine.

CountZero

If you can find someone with a copy of 10.6.0, who has a spare license, who would be kind enough to lend it to you for a couple of beers, then that would work, or look on Amazon, or possibly eBay. A very kind person on here helped me like that when I needed a copy of 10.5.0 for my ’03 PowerBook, when I bought my iP4. Arrived next day, and saved my ass. 😀
    Edit, Apple will sell you a copy, too!

organic355
    Free Member

just called apple store, 2-3 weeks for snow leopard, FECKERS!!!!!!

Kryton57

You can upgrade / download iTunes 10.7 to a PC, and sort your phone out that way for free. That’ll get your phone, contacts, emails texts but no apps.

Now with important corrections….. 😳

LMT
    Free Member

I had to ditch my powerbook a year ago as it wouldn’t take the new itunes to synch my iphone 4s. Was gutted to let it go but i had no other choice. Now i run a small notebook, its powerful enough to keep my iphone uptodate.

organic355
    Free Member

anyone got a copy of snow leopard they want to sell on?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I thought apple stuff “just works” I’m confused now. 😕

dr_death
    Free Member

Borrow a copy of snow leopard disk from “the internet” install it then pay for the upgrade to 10.8.whatevertheyareon Mountain lion from the newly installed app store.

Means you only pay for one upgrade, failing that I have a snow leopard disk knocking about somewhere – where are you based?

organic355
    Free Member

Dundee. Doesnt the disk only have 1 install on it though? i.e. you can only use it once?

I dont mind paying £18 for it from apple its to 2-3 weeks that I cant handle.

godzilla
    Free Member

I have a copy of Snow Leopard, got it from Apple last month.
    Had he same problem, this sorted it, was going to Ebay the disc.
    £12 Posted.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Are you sure you cannot download the OS from the Ap store ? I bought snow leopard for my “old” MacMini online.

godzilla
    Free Member

You need Appstore to upgrade online and you need Lion to get Appstore, least you did last month if you have a Macbook, without 10.6.2 you cannot proceed.

zokes
    Free Member

Yes, the greatest irony of Apple deliberately ceasing support for old but still perfectly usable hardware, is that you can easily install the latest version of iTunes on a PC, or even a windows VM inside your Mac, yet you may not be able to use your new iPhone natively.

This just seems very strange.

organic355
    Free Member

Godzilla YGM.

sbob
    Free Member

Can’t you just drag and drop your music like you can on my 7 year old Razr?
    Via mini USB which you find everywhere?
    Which also completes its weekly battery charge?

Non?

😆

I’m sorry, it’s just too easy.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New iphone 5 wont sinc with itunes, need new itunes, need new OS!!!! – help!!’ is closed to new replies.