Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New Intergrated Headset
  • thunderchief
    Free Member

Hi

I wonder if anyone has any advice for me, I want to replace the head set on my Rocky Mountain Altitude 770. The current Headset is what seems to be called “Intergrated”, having not owned a bike with this type before I’m not sure what options are open for me.

The headset that is currently installed is a “FSA Orbit C-40: IS42mm Top / 52mm Bottom Tapered” according to the website.

The bearings are terible, no weathersealing and after only the equivelient a a few weeks of riding the bearings are full of grit.

So I though I’d fit a trusty Hope, but it seems like they do not make one to fit. After a call with one of their helpfull service techs it turns out that they can’t help me, he recomended trying cane creek but I’m struggling to find what I would need on there as well.

Has anyone replaced one of these with something better?

Cheers.

Simon.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

https://www.bike-components.de/en/KCNC/KHS-PT-1860-IS42-28-6-IS52-40-Steuersatz-p36389/

Is that the one?
    Bought one for a mate last year. Seems to be going strong on his winter beater.
    Plenty of grease when i fitted it!

5lab

brandx version is £13. given it’s a drop in (and thus changing the bearings is a <5 minute job), I’ve decided to get one of them and simply replace it every 18 months (or whenever it fails).

You need to search for ‘IS52’ to get headsets that fit. The reason none of the posh boys do one is because there isn’t much to it – just 2 sets of bearings, a crown race and a top cap..

thunderchief
    Free Member

Ok those look like the one, thanks. I’ll have a search for IS52/42 and see what’s avalible.

Cheers

Simon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New Intergrated Headset’ is closed to new replies.