• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by sv.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New inbreds v older Inbreds
  • kilo

Currently back on my inbred which is one of the earlier v brake only slot drop out models. Was out yesterday and thought I’d really like a disc back brake that stopped the bike rather than the ineffectual v’s. So a new indreb can be had for c£120, might get something for the old frame and forks swap everything over got to be cheaper than hydro v’s or brazing a mount on. Are the new versions any different in ride quality to the older versions and does the slot drop out’s rear brake mount work ok?

Duffer
    Free Member

They had to change the tubing slightly for the CEN regulations a couple of years ago; the newuns have a slightly larger top-tube, if i remember correctly.

If you can detect a difference in the ride quality betwixt them, then you’re a better rider than me!

You can’t go wrong with an Inbred, in my opinion.

Marin
    Free Member

Got a disc Inbred about 2 feet away from me in the kitchen. Love it.

booktownman
    Free Member

Bagged an Inbred frame in Barry White for £75 off eBay to build up for winter. Running it with a crappy old pair of juicy fives and a cheap Tora fork and absolutely loving it!

miranmtb
    Free Member

Have the old orange slot dropout and current orange vertical. As said before the top tube is a bit larger and the head tube angle is slacker (by 1 degree).
    I definetly feel the difference, but is difficult to say which is better. The new one is stiffer and you can feel the slacker angle. The paint job on the new one is a bit better (the old one was crap).
    Slot dropouts can only be a problem if you pan to run avid bb7 – have to use lager rotor on mine.
    They both still ride great.
    PS: Both are 29ers

booktownman
    Free Member

Bagged an Inbred frame in Barry White for £75 off eBay to build up for winter. Running it with a crappy old pair of juicy fives and a cheap Tora fork and absolutely loving it!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I loved my first white inbred, and my white SS.

Never had the same love for my red slot drop in red with the rear brake mounts inside the triangle.

fenred
    Free Member

On my 3rd inbred frame, first 26er vert drop out I loved, then switched to 29ers.. Swap out inbred was dire, felt dead and lifeless, changed for a new slot dropout frame and I’ll NEVER sell this one! Love it! 8)

flashes
    Free Member

I’m the same. I still have my 1st Inbred, non disc and the other later models I’ve had just didn’t feel as nice…………

sv

Newer ones don’t have a chainstay bridge, really likes the older versions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New inbreds v older Inbreds’ is closed to new replies.