Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • New "in front" syle garmin mounts from Superstar
  • crankrider
    Free Member

Amazingly cheap for what they are.

In the UK material would be £2.00 anodising £0.50 injection moulded bit say £1.00 (taking mould cost into account) so your at £3.50ish before it going near a machine…

I bet you couldn’t make it for much less than £10.00 if you machined it in the UK…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Pics:

Pic 1
    Pic 2

iforwilliams
    Free Member

You can get the SRAM adapters at wiggle now to enable your old 305 slide fitting to fit the 1/4 turn fittings.

fathomer

crankrider – Member

Amazingly cheap for what they are.

I bet you couldn’t make it for much less than £10.00 if you machined it in the UK.

That’d be why the price has gone up then 🙂

NormalMan

mooman – Member
    It looks everything as solid as the K-edge. Prob as heavy too.
    But the plastic mount looks to eliminate the probs of the K-edge ruining the back of your Garmin.

Just ordered the superstar one for my dad. Bit gutted really as I bought the k edge last month and thought the same thing about the metal / back of the Garmin. I use the edge on my road bike too but with the official Garmin one.

mooman
    Free Member

Yes – lots of comments on the K-Edge alu seat being too harsh for the back of the plastic garmins. I think these Superstar ones are a better TBH.
    If I was to pick a fault with it .. it would be that it could have been maybe 5mm longer. I got it at the max extension to fit it inline & infront of the stem.

Only downside is that I bought an official plastic garmin out front mount a month or so ago for over 3times more than the superstar mount!!

NormalMan

Well I ordered it yesterday morning and it was here today so great service.

Finish isn’t quite as good as the K Edge one but for the savings, worth it!! Plus the better fixing imho, as stated above.

Other bonus points for a packet of sweets (the kids grabbed!) and some stickers for my workshop!

Really wish this had been around a month ago when I bought mine now.

clubber
    Free Member

Only a couple of quid less than the SRAM one now so I reckon I’ll stick with the SRAM one once I can get hold of a 605 adapter.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Unless someone persuades me otherwise, I think I’m going Sram as well – almost half price of barfly, going to get a couple for Xmas.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Sorry but that Superstar one looks butt fugly, i like the way its lower and in line with the stem but the clamp looks bulky, going to be SRAM for me too i think……

Superficial
    Free Member

Are the J&L ones from the same mould as the SRAM ones? They look identical / half the price.

Can anyone confirm if they’ll go backwards over a Thomson 70mm stem?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘New "in front" syle garmin mounts from Superstar’ is closed to new replies.