• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Rosss.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New Ibis mojo 3
  • mikeep
    Free Member

http://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/mojo_3/

130/140 650b or 27.5+

Fitting into the shorter travel fun/trail bike but with the option of fitting 27.5+ balloons.

That’s gonna raise the BB a bit is it not, without any alteration in geo?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Looks lovely in Black. The mojo is on my wishlist should I ever have the cash spare 😳

sweaman2
    Free Member

Interesting. Also same HA as the HD-3.. so it’s 20mm shorter travel and weighs 400grams less. Reach is 9mm more in the large than HD-3.

Rosss
    Free Member

What an ace looking bike, that red is beautiful! Shame about the price or I’d be buying one tomorrow

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Boing!

I’m sure Mrs S would be in complete agreement if i put one the credit card.

chipps

Full story here: http://singletrackworld.com/2016/02/new-ibis-mojo-3-launched/ and tune in about 7pm for the first and full ride review.

andrextr
    Free Member

my kinematic analysis of Mojo 3

Trimix
    Free Member

The write up on Pinkbike was very interesting.

For me I’m still not sold on + tyres. I’ve a demo organised soon on the +sized Scott, so I will find out soon.

Trimix
    Free Member

andrextr, have you any kinematic analysis for the Scott Spark ?

stevied
    Free Member

Hopefully they’ve cured the problem my mate had on his Ripley where the rear tyre started to wear through the seat tube.

tealeith
    Free Member

I’ve always coveted the Ripley having demoed one a couple of years back and loved it. The new LS versions sounds even better. I currently ride a Whyte T-129 as a sort of cheaper (non carbon) equivalent. I could never quite afford the £4-5K price tag.

From reading the various reviews of this new Mojo 3 with the full 2.8″ sized tyres on board it seems to be a case of having your cake and eating it!

Am I missing something here or is this bike lightweight (27lbs), fast, nimble and sprightly, fun, and grippy as hell!?

Mentions of STAVA times being blown away on down and UP hills are made. Surely a massive fat tyre with huge contact patch is slow on flat level, firetracky stuff right? Full fatty bikes certainly are from what I’ve read and been told by friends who ride them so one that is half-way towards that must be slower on that terrain than my 2.2 / 2.3 tyres?

There’s no mentions in any of the reviews (inc. Pinkbike) of this as a downside.

What gives, because otherwise I want one!

honourablegeorge

Think it looks ace myself. Somehow avoids the awkward look of the HD3.

Lot or really nice options in that trail bike category – that, the Hightower, the new Solo…. if I had a spare five grand….

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

when do they go on sale?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I did read in one of the reviews that if you, like most of us, ride trails that are claggy youd be best steering clear of the plus size. Ive not ridden a plus size but can see the advantage on the downhill. Just, is this viable for UK?

I loved my Minions in Canada, dry trail swoopy etc etc. Climbing dry trails to was great, so much grip. Climbing up claggy trails in UK on return had me back to HR2.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

I’ll reserve complete judgement until I’ve ridden one, but not sold on the whole 27.5+ thing. However, as a 27.5 bike, this bike looks a riot.

The HD3 is a benchmark bike for me, and I still kick myself I didn’t go for one. But this new Mojo 3, with pretty much the same geo as the HD3 should be superb.

They need not cost £5k either; I priced up a self-build at about £3.5k or so (of the HD3).

sweaman2
    Free Member

-Tealeith. It’s implied (to me at least) that you’re having your cake and eating it mainly as the tyres are paper thin on the 27+ Nobby Nic.

I really like the look of the Mojo 3 but I do wonder if HD-3 sales are now going to decline as they aren’t that different. Even Ibis seem to imply that the HD-3 is now really only for people in steep places of the world and perhaps they’re going to want something even more specific.

Rosss
    Free Member

I think the 3 gives Ibis a bit more reason to produce a slightly longer travel and slacker “EWS” inspired bike in more of a reign/nomad vein. IMO the bikes are a bit too close at the minute

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New Ibis mojo 3’ is closed to new replies.