Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • New house – work needed – what first?
  • mogrim

With two 3 yr olds, the tiny bit of space I did have in my shed has disappeared and every time I want to get something from in there I have to move about another 10 things – all bright pink and covered in tassles.

If you allowed that to happen to your shed, what guarantee do you have when it comes to your new man-cave?

johndoh
    Free Member

If you allowed that to happen to your shed, what guarantee do you have when it comes to your new man-cave?

Ohh it will happen, of that I am sure, but at least I will have a bit more room to allow it to take over for a while. It might be 3 or even 4 years before I descend into despair again….

mogrim

Ohh it will happen, of that I am sure, but at least I will have a bit more room to allow it to take over for a while. It might be 3 or even 4 years before I descend into despair again….

Helps if you don’t have a door straight into the cave from your house: there’s nothing like having to go outside to stop the wife from dumping crap in there 🙂

cinnamon_girl

I would say that heating should be the priority – ensure radiators are sufficient in numbers and size for the house, also whether the boiler is efficient and able to cope. TRVs on each radiator too.

johndoh
    Free Member

Helps if you don’t have a door straight into the cave from your house: there’s nothing like having to go outside to stop the wife from dumping crap in there

Like the thinking… 8)

samuri
    Free Member

something from in there I have to move about another 10 things – all bright pink and covered in tassles.

So it sounds like you had no problem getting at your stuff. 😉

cheers_drive

We bought a similar if a little more modest house earlier this year and borrowed a £20k extra for doing a kitchen diner conversion but now we’re in we’ve decided the kitchen isn’t that bad and to do it properly it will cost more like 30k. Now going to do the smaller stuff first and save up for the kitchen as a longterm goal.
    Judging by the photos I would be spending the money on the living room and bedroom decor. Maybe bathroom too.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘New house – work needed – what first?’ is closed to new replies.