Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • New house build ,a photo journal of a modest design
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

OK, no racing this weekend so time to attack the interior walls and ceiling with 10 litres of base paint. White, white, and more white.

Bedroom:

Entrance:

Amazing just how much paint new wood absorbs, the whole tin went in under 8 hours of work, with about 4sqm left to do, so I’ll need to find a supplier tomorrow to finish things off. Thinking of leaving the ceiling with just the undercoat as I quite like the semi transparent finish.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hej , huset ser bra ut!

What part of Sweden is this ? I’m in Göteborg so may pop by!

Planning on building a place next year so am looking on with interest.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Tack.

I’m in Hindås, so just outside Gbg, welcome over, some excellent riding around here 8)

footflaps

I’m surprised you pained it, I thought the Scandinavian style was to varnish it?

andyl
    Free Member

I missed this!

Just the kind of thing I am hoping to build early next year. Won’t be quite so big and has to be able to be taken down and moved (rented house) but I will be using this for inspiration.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Right time for an update, much paint has been spread around and the kitchen and toilet have been purchased.

Three trips to Ikea in three days and no ‘cross this weekend, however we are now in position to kick off the next stage which will be the door, windows, floor fitting along with the the kitchen and bathroom installation.

All nicely configured in a row, each packet numbered.

footflaps

I know you said modest design, but having a toilet seat made of cardboard isn’t going to work very well when the room gets damp…..

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Its also not plumped in so I’ve no idea where the waste will go 😕

footflaps

Its also not plumped in so I’ve no idea where the waste will go

Onto your nice concrete floor?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Right time for another update, things are moving quickly this week.

We now have a door, windows, guttering in place:

Flooring down in the bedroom and main room:

And flooring and walls in place in the wet room, along with the toilet and basin:

Next week the kitchen should be done, the floor tiles by the door, and the internal electrics.

On schedule and within budget for Christmas. 😀

footflaps

Looking Good!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Right, came back from a few days in Oslo on business to find an almost completed kitchen and bathroom:

The kitchen now seems bigger then we’d imagined:

We compromised for the sake of budget and installed a laminate worktop and not a solid wood one, the credit card invoice arrived whilst I was away and we discovered we’ve spent over £500 on paint so far and haven’t even touched the outside of the building:

The shower room now has the shower head, piping and taps in place as well as the water heater/tank:

2 weeks to go before my parents arrive for Christmas, so fingers crossed that we’ll be up and running by then

cr500dom
    Free Member

Looking great !!
    And the location looks pretty spectacular too

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Thanks.

The location is great. Mountain bike trails leading out of the garden in to the woods, quiet rolling lanes for road riding, a fair few other people in the village interested in training, and a bus and train line into town.

Works for us.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Loads of activity today now the snow storm has passed and people can actually drive up my hill.

The roof looks blue as it still has the protective plastic on it.

The frame for the decking is in:

The bathroom is almost complete:

The lighting is going up as I type:

As is the heating:

8 days left until its official opening and so far so good.

I have a pile of stuff to return to Ikea which is good as we’ve still a bunch of things to purchase.

matt_outandabout

Loving this.
    Sooo different approach to so much of our UK building regs and approach – the boiler next to shower for example, simplicity not complexity etc

Rockape63
    Free Member

Loving this.
    Sooo different approach to so much of our UK building regs and approach – the boiler next to shower for example, simplicity not complexity etc

Yeah, but exposed pipes and what is the wall made of and how are the pipe fixed to the wall? Think of water finding its way into every tiny space and what will that look like in a year?

use acrylic primer on wood btw, its very thick and doesn’t soak in like most paints.

rondo101
    Free Member

Holy thread bump batman.

I was just going through my “favourites” thread list & this was still on there. 6 months on from Christmas, are there an finished product photos?

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘New house build ,a photo journal of a modest design’ is closed to new replies.