Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • new Hope Pro2 rear hubs bearings – Hope 'kit' or better options out there?
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

My Pro2 rear hub has munched it’s bearings in a disappointing low amount of rides.

CRC has the Hope kit for £24.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24132

Are there ‘other’ makes which will fit the bill, and last longer?

Onzadog
    Free Member

People always say Tory a local bearing supplier but in my experience, the hope kits are pretty good value for money.

damo2576
    Free Member

I’d imagine you can just source a bearing of the right dims and spec as you like, ceramic etc etc.

rustler
    Free Member

I bought cheap & bought twice. Have packed latest set with grease & seem fine after few months.

Northwind

The Hope kit is pretty good value. Though on the other hand, the longevity issue is down to the bearings being pretty tiny, rather than anything to do with sealing so the usual statement about quality bearings lasting better than cheaper ones may not neccesarily apply.

Anyone know what bearings Hope use? I think the ones in mine are INA but not 100%.

uplink
    Free Member

Iv’e seen FAG & RHP bearings in Hope kits

£24 is good value for that kit

colin@rush
    Free Member

They’ve been using INA for the pro 2’s for a little while…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

cheers all.

I’ll probably go with the Hope kit for the time being, and maybe source some other makes at my leisure.

It may be that only one of the five bearings is actually shot, as it’s currently only slightly rough to turn the axle.

z1ppy

Yep great value, INA bearing (in the Hope kit) cost around £8 each…

EDIT: I found with the Pro II’s the outer freehub bearing likes to seize up & fail but the rest are fine….

foxyrider
    Free Member

can you get stainless bearings for ProII?

z1ppy

There standard sized bearings, so no reason why not.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Hope only use INA bearings, in fact they’re one of INAs biggest customers in the world so probably can buy them at the cheapest rate available.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘new Hope Pro2 rear hubs bearings – Hope 'kit' or better options out there?’ is closed to new replies.