Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New Hope M4s
  • Radioman

I "bit the bullet" and spent out on a new set of Hope Mono M4s to replace some Hayes HFX9s on my Cove Hanjob hardtail. These are 183mm disc with braided hoses. The HFX9s were also 183s with braided hoses.

The M4s certainly have loads more power and the new "tech lever" is very useful. I thought initially it was just a gimmic, but tool free reach adjustment is very useful.

Gave them a good bedding in at Swinley on Sunday and I am very impressed. Great modulation and power is way up. They are in a different league to the hayes brakes and it makes a big difference to the bike handling. I am still happily running some early Mono M4s (2003)model on my SX trail bike with 203mm disks and these new brakes seem even stronger. Great engineering …

halo25
    Free Member

Phew – ordered mine today and suffering post £300 spending spree blues.

Cant wait for them to arrive 😀

Out of interest have you ridden any bikes with Avid 7s or similar – if so how do they compare?

Radioman

I have ridden quite a few bikes/brake set ups . One friend has the Formula 1 brakes which are also great.

The strongest brakes I have used and own are Hope Moto V2 on my FR/DH bike (way too big for trail riding).

Thing with Hope kit is that is goes on for ever(i'm still using the 2003 Mono M4s) spares are easy to get. However its Important to read instructions well though. They tell you to first centre the caliper and tighten. THEN after this pump the levers to push pistons in. If one sides pistons come out first push the DISK against them to enable other side to come out properly. You fine tune this by pushing on disk so that the disk does not move at all when the lever is pressed..very easy.

Yes they are lots of cash but to be honest i think they will last me 10yrs+!! Hopes are a little bit more fiddly to bleed than Hayes but I can live with that. They work so much better. Look great too! Im thinking of getting the mounts for my XT shifters to go on the back of them too!! very trick..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    halo25
    Free Member

Thankyou – will look out for the fitting guide.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New Hope M4s’ is closed to new replies.