Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New Hope Hub issue\advice
  • TheGingerOne

I’ve just got a new set of wheels built up with Hope Pro III Mono hubs and with the rear wheel firmly done up in the frame, if I push the wheel side to side for about 1/4 of the way around there is a small amount of movement going on which feels like loose bearings. I am sure it is not flex in the wheel, nor is it due to the wheel not being done up tightly in the dropout.

Anybody experienced the same or have ideas as to what the cause and solution could be? This is straight out of the box, so should I just put some miles on them and see if it settles down or I’m wondering if the bearings are not quite set right in the hub and therefore it would be best to resolve before I start using them (or some other issue which potentially requires a return to Hope).

Thanks

TheSanityAssassin

I’ve just had to change one of the bearings in a new set of custom road wheels built on Pro3s. This was the front wheel though – it had developed significant sideways movement after around 3 weeks and maybe 500 miles. Easy job to do, despite my disappointment that I’ve had to do it so soon. I didn’t think the faff of phoning/returning/waiting etc was worth the effort really, so I’ve sorted it myself. The bearings will keep ‘going’ and I’ll keep replacing them. It’s no biggie, so I’ll deal with it as and when necessary.

Not saying that that’s what you should do (in your situation I’d probably phone the very helpful chaps at Hope first for a chat), but at least you know you’re not alone with a similar issue.

plyphon
    Free Member

There should be no play.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New Hope Hub issue\advice’ is closed to new replies.