Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Hope E4 – how to direct mount Reverb & XTR?
  • yoshimi

Just picked up some E4s

I’ve currently got a Reverb directly attached (although I also have a standard bar clamp) to my SRAM brakes (RH upside down on left) and an XTR M9000 rear shifter that is on a standard bar clamp (not i-spec)

The more googling I do, the more I’m getting confused, which specific adaptors / clamps if any, do I need to direct mount each to my new brakes?

Thanks in advance

SirHC

The reverb will have to be mounted separely, no way to integrate it with the hope lever, they do play nicely together though. And you can continue to use you shifter on a bar mount.

antares
    Free Member

Yeah never heard of anything to mount a Reverb remote to hope levers. You can mount the shifter though but you need to change it to iSpec. The cover for your shifter is an eye watering £54.99 at sjs cycles https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/shimano-xtr-ispec-ii-slm9000i-cover-unit-right-y01u98050/

yoshimi

THanks guys – at least I’ve got the bar clamps for each so won’t be held up

The cover for your shifter is an eye watering £54.99 at sjs

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ^^^^^^^ £55!!! 8O, I can live without i-spec then

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Wow that cover is expensive when the whole m9000 xtr shifter can be had for £66 Evanscycles for Ispec II, so maybe worth buying with the adaptor
    https://www.merlincycles.com/hope-tech-3-direct-mount-shifter-clamp-for-shimano-xt-xtr-11-speed-91002.html

Sell your old shifter on eBay if you want the clean bars

rickon
    Free Member

The reverb will have to be mounted separely, no way to integrate it with the hope lever,

Get yourself the 1x remote for the reverb, it’s much better than the button.

Then get the hope E4 to SRAM matchmaker.

Tidy.

andyl
    Free Member

You can get the XTR shifter in bar mount, Ispec B or Ispec II. Ispec B will mount directly to the E4 lever. Ispec II needs a Hope adapter.

Ispec II with the adapter gives you a little more adjust ability for the £11 or so it costs extra assuming the shifters cost the same. Not sure it’s worth it but I have gone that route on one bike and ispec B Xt shifter (10 and 11s) on the others.

Pridds

Xtr shifters are not available ispec b. Just ispec II or bar mount

andyl
    Free Member

ahh yes, that was XT in all 3.

XTR has a carbon fibre lever and does feel a bit different but not as nice as 10 speed saint 🙁

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

fitting the X1 lever to hope e4 levers, does the HBSP325L hope sram left shifter mount (adaptor) definately work long term ..

i’ve just got the lever and adaptor and there seems to be a little play in fitment (i’ve not screwed it on tight yet, so probably fine, just interested if anyone has long term views

Rubber_Buccaneer

Are you saying the X1 reverb lever doesn’t appear to be a good fit to the Hope mount?  If so mine is similar (my levers are stealth race rather than Tech) but it doesn’t have to do much so I just used a little thread lock and haven’t had any trouble in over a year.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

thanks Rubber_Buccaneer, yeah the lip on the adaptors seem .1 or.2 of a mm too wide, so its not overly firm, should be fine once screwed in and loctite’d like you say.

it cant be a flush fit because of the little startnut/grub screw thing
    alongside the hole in the lever where the adaptor bolts onto.

even the fitment onto the sram brakes is a bit off, the standalone bar adaptor is the perfect, but wantedthe cleaner look..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Hope E4 – how to direct mount Reverb & XTR?’ is closed to new replies.