Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New home Pc
  • dessie72

Any suggestions on which PC for home use,my wife is a teacher so she would be using it for lesson planning and all things schooly,my daughter is getting that bit older now so will be doing coursework/assignments/projects,thanks.

wwaswas

Personally, I’d set a budget and go over the the dell outlet site and see what’s available at that price.

then go to softwareforstudents and pick up copy of Microsoft Office to match.

druidh
    Free Member

+1 and +1 again.

I used to build my own PCs but it’s so much easier just buying a Dell 🙂

joeyj
    Free Member

Have look on ebuyer.com they do some great zoostorm pcs with great spec for reasonable price.

jekkyl

70 quid for office? jeeez.
    cough*bittorrent*cough

jon1973
    Free Member

70 quid for office? jeeez.

I don’t think it’s that miuch for the whole Office Suite, tbh.

You could always look to Open Office as an alternative though. That’s what I use, and you can always save stuff as MS documents. It fine for home use.

ericemel
    Free Member

Remember you can educational discount on the software. I use software4students website.

I would get something from the dell outlet – always worked for me.

If you feel flush you can get an apple with edu discount too

jekkyl

cheapest full office is £79.95
    http://www.software4students.co.uk/t/categories/microsoft-office
    how do you get a discount and how much will it be?

thanks.

wwaswas

that is a discount…

wwaswas

perhaps buy it there then?

freddyg
    Free Member

Your missus should be able to get a legitimate educational licence via her employer for nowt.

DickBarton

Check you are comparing like for like. Full office including word, powerpoint, access, excel, outlook, etc is 80 quid…the university version has fewer programs…

Cougar

“Home and Student” has fewer programs (notably, it’s missing Outlook), but “University” doesn’t. Or at least, it’s not missing anything anyone would realistically care about outside of a corporate environment.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New home Pc’ is closed to new replies.