Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • new hobbies
  • stuarty
    Free Member

Anyone started any new hobbies over the festive period

Me I’ve became addicted too trying to fly a rc helicopter
    Its bounced of more walls than charlie sheen

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I do art tutoring and have had an influx recently of new clients which is nice.

My own new hobby is running and I’m determined to properly learn to use my SLR this year.

robob
    Free Member

does drinking port and eating Christmas cake count? if not then attempting to consolidate all my pics, videos and music into one place via a new laptop running windows 8… spent most of the time working out how to get around w8 though :-/

cynic-al
    Free Member

I need to do more drawing and writing.

Doing new stuff is awesome.

RustySpanner

Whisky and LEGO.

I’ve made scale models of the imaginary insects crawling out of the walls. 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

I want to start climbing regularly. Maybe even start riding my bike again.

grantway
    Free Member

Just bought an Kite Buggy
    No Kite and never used one neither but was a bargain

john_drummer
    Free Member

Maybe even start riding my bike again.

+1 to that. if it ever stops raining

watsontony
    Free Member

when i need to find a new hobby and just sell my bike and start riding a completely different discipline

Harry_the_Spider

Espresso.

My world has been turned upside down.

slowmart
    Free Member

Er.

Road bike…

And the inevitable questions from my 12 year old daughter. ” why do you have to wear Lycra?” And “Dad do you know you look a bit gay.”

And I’m enjoying it. I’ve even got full mudguards on the bike!

slowmart
    Free Member

FFS double posting as well

sambob
    Free Member

Will be more tempted to ride my bike when I get either a Horsethief or an El Guapo 29er built up.

clunker

Scalextric

bencooper
    Free Member

Well, I already do martial arts, including some cool sword stuff. Got to thinking, then last night after quite a bit of sloe gin, I clicked a link on this very website.

Long and short of it, I’ve bought a lightsaber.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I clicked on the lightsaber link as well. They really take those things seriously don’t they.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, and the bastards had some special offers that ended last night too 😉

Northwind

Every year, I think I’d like to take up climbing, seems like a good complement to cycling. Then, I remember how terrible I am with heights, and so I go back to playing Civilisation.

lizzz
    Free Member

Try bouldering Northwind… climbing but without going too high!

New hobbies for me, I’m going to learn to play the guitar this year. I say it every year but I mean it this time!

whattyre
    Free Member

I’m currently away trying to crack surfing…it’s by far the hardest thing I’ve tried to learn…got a green wave today and remained vertical for nearly ten seconds…small steps

banks
    Free Member

Whiskey & climbing again. Only one of them is going well

banks
    Free Member

Every year, I think I’d like to take up climbing, seems like a good complement to cycling. Then, I remember how terrible I am with heights, and so I go back to playing Civilisation.

Bouldering, all the best bits about climbing without death.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Painting

Garry_Lager

Want to get my bridge game up to standard this year. Lost a really good partnership when I moved last year and haven’t really played properly since. Demographics of the game mean its hard to find a partner for intermediate players looking to advance.

bencooper
    Free Member

I think bouldering is actually more dangerous than conventional top-roped climbing – you don’t fall far but you do fall…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

New hobbies for me, I’m going to learn to play the guitar this year. I say it every year but I mean it this time!

Me too. I’m always told I should have musical ability as musical talent runs in both sides of my family but unlike most of my relatives patience is something I don’t have in abundance. But next year I am going to learn to play the guitar.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

got a green wave today

where? its nuclear down here in the far sw and truly horrid.

best advice for surfing… swim.

JRTG
    Free Member

I have taken up sitting. Lack of bike riding has meant I have become an expert over the last 2 months. Now my knee hurts so it must be some sort of extreme sport in disguise.

whattyre
    Free Member

Morroco….nice 80f most days ATM……even the seas warm…a bit scared of what I’ll find on the return to Scotland….

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got far too many as it is. For someone with two young kids anyway.

I’m determined to properly learn to use my SLR this year

Perhaps we should have a STW photography club thread.

banks
    Free Member

I think bouldering is actually more dangerous than conventional top-roped climbing – you don’t fall far but you do fall…

Safer for me, stick my comfort zone now plus if i fall who’s going to take the dog home. Top roping i was always egging myself on & being stupid.

Still think free-climbing is far safer..

Harry_the_Spider

clunker – Member

Scalextric

Get in!

My post from another forum.

Scalectric party!

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

I’m determined to properly learn to use my SLR this year

I bought my first DSLR at the end of October so not strictly a hobby started over the festive period but done lots of reading and practicing. Some reasonable results and plenty not so good. Intend to really get to grips with it in 2013.

Cougar

Perhaps we should have a STW photography club thread.

“Hold on lads, I’ve had an idea.”

Been toying with the idea of… something for a little while now. I’ll start a new post after tea, see what you think.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘new hobbies’ is closed to new replies.