Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New hifi
  • Jolsa

Ok, looking for something around the £350-£400 mark (ex speakers), USB input, digital radio. Have been pondering over the Marantz CR502 and the Denon DF107 mini systems. Can get the Denon with Wharfedale 10.1 speakers for £500.

But, could I spend the £500 more wisely? DAB and USB input would sort me out for now, but is it worth looking in to the Sonos type setups where you can get Internet radio, play stuff across the network, have multiroom option etc.?

A little doubt remains in my head over a buying a minisystem as mentioned, seeing as though I rarely listen to cds now – instead I was playing mp3s from my PC through the hifi.

Anyone got some up-to-date/future options please?

montylikesbeer

How about this Arcam solo mini

Del

^ looks like a great piece of kit to me. i run a linn classik but this is out of your price range, and bought quite some time ago now, before the age of dab and usb 🙂
    the original arcam solo got very good reviews.
    oh – and BTW. you're about to be told that what you're buying is not hifi…. 😀

Purplefunkymonkey
    Free Member

oh – and BTW. you're about to be told that what you're buying is not hifi….

Well it isn't HiFi , it's a gadget. 😛

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The HiFi buffs will be spinning in their graves…

[at 33 1/3rd rpm, obviously]

Jolsa

It's a great looking bit of kit but I doubt there would be much difference in playback of mp3s by going up to the Arcam Solo Mini. Also the other mini systems I mentioned offer the same features.

Well aware that someone may be along shortly to mention their Naim lot, but if they can also help out with thoughts on these Sonos/Squeezebox setups then I'll forgive them their willy waving.

GJP
    Free Member

Waves NAIM willy 😆

Can't really add much, that Arcam looks very nice for the price. NAIM are launching their UnitiQute in March – would meet the needs but not the budget (Rumor says £1350 so not even close sadly)

fwb2006
    Free Member

Jolsa, I'm doing exactly the same, want a 'kitchen' stereo, digital radio, cd player, usb compatable, and able to stream music. I'm seriously thinking of getting this, has all of that plus 160 gig hardrive and looks sweet as. Anybody got one????? Cheers.

http://alatest.co.uk/reviews/home-theatre-system-reviews/philips-mci500h/po3-61859351,78/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New hifi’ is closed to new replies.