• This topic has 44 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • New hideous bicycles
  • honourablegeorge

Ellsworth are always good for a shocker, but the Polygon is equally special

cdoc
    Free Member

That Haibike Xduro electric on Fresh goods Friday 😯

Also, might be just me, but That Yeti SB5C looks like it is taking a poo, spaniel-style.

Northwind

That just might be the best looking Ellsworth ever

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I own a Ellsworth that I actually quite like the look of even with ridiculously long rocker plates, but both the above are truly awful 😥

stevied
    Free Member

That just might be the best looking least ugly Ellsworth ever

FIFY

spectabilis
    Free Member

Just got one of these in the shop ..

Divided opinions here . I want to burn it . but if i’m being fair the lines aren’t that bad just can’t get past the colour/GRAFIXX…

gonzy
    Free Member

what about this gopper?

just looking at the linkages and trying to figure out how it works gives me a headache…
    more info here

failedengineer

That Ellsworth looks fast …

If it’s got the BB height that my ID had though …..

Northwind

Aw, I like the snabb. Some of the colour options get a colourmatched chainring expander 😆

tang
    Free Member

The poloygon is no looker. I rode the prototype of that frame, not bad.

woody74

If there is ever a company that needs to get a decent industrial designer is Planet X.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXRT90TEAM/planet-x-rt-90-elite-team-edition-road-bike

Bloody awful and probably a decent bike

Northwind

I think that looks great tbh.

DezB
    Free Member

what about this gopper?

Surely that’s not new?? That stem!

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d agree with woody- if the frame didn’t look like it was an A level engineering project the London Road would have been the sensible choice for me. As it is I bought something nicer looking (and possibly better riding).

hora
    Free Member

what about this gopper?

hora, he likes 😀

binners

Lets be brutally frank here. Most modern full-suss bikes are pig ugly!!

13thfloormonk

Always liked the look of Ellsworth Frames, the rear linkages in particular looking satisfyingly functional. Never owned one sad to say.

That NS is basically a Specialized Pitch is it not?

gonzy
    Free Member

Surely that’s not new?? That stem!

reported to be at 2015 Sea Otter so it is i’m afraid…long stems making a comeback? 😯

hora, he likes

why am i not surprised? 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

That Ram frame has been doing the rounds in various different stages for a few years. I like it, he’s designed and built something that works for him. If it’d been a generic steel hardtail you’d all be lapping it up.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Trek Stache 29er+,that elevated chainstay is awful.

hora
    Free Member

It looks like frankinbike, I can imagine me stumbling around hungover, swinging a leg over and saying murrrghhh time to mince

honourablegeorge

fd3chris – Member
    Trek Stache 29er+,that elevated chainstay is awful.

It is, but it’s there our of necessity, to an extent.

wrecker
    Free Member

Bleeeuuurrrgggghhhh

cumberlandsausage
    Free Member

some bikes are built to perform first, and look appealing second.

Also, everybody has an opinion on aesthetics. Don’t confuse your opinions with fact.

coogan
    Free Member

Ellsworth are just ugly bikes.

loddrik
    Free Member

I think Ellsworths look great. Just building this up now (hence the flat tyre and missing drivetrain bits)

[URL=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/loddrik1/media/ECC79353-C946-4487-BD85-67726C2BF37F_zps1tyiq673.jpg.html][/URL]

gonzy
    Free Member

i think the ellsworth looks quite nice actually. i can understand why the general consensus is that they’re ugly especially when you look at the ellsworth dare.
    loddrik…that moment you have there looks nice. i was very close to getting one myself last summer.

mattbee

Is it called a Moment because that’s how long they spent designing it? 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

some bikes are built to perform first, and look appealing second.

Also, everybody has an opinion on aesthetics. Don’t confuse your opinions with fact.
    It is bloody ugly though.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I give you the Momentum, quite a looker, as I’m sure you will agree 😉

Northwind

That one’s alright actually, at least it’s coherent. That whole mix of curves and straight lines they do is just horrendous, it’s like they fit the front and back from 2 different (and hideous) bikes.

I’m not even going to post a picture of my Dare, last time I did it the police came round and cautioned me for public indecency

tomhoward

Having seen it in the flesh, I can confirm that the demo 8 is flubbing gorgeous, and wrecker needs his eyes testing. Or to lay off the grumble for a while.

deviant
    Free Member

That NS is basically a Specialized Pitch is it not?

Yep, which is no bad thing as the Pitch was great….it just happened to overlap with Spesh’s far more expensive Enduro….so they killed the cheaper bike naturally.
    Good to see NS bringing it back!…toss up between the Snab and the Bird Aeris as my next FS.

Back on topic…most full sussers these days look ugly, what do you expect when the consumer demands ever more suspension travel, ever longer front triangles, ever larger wheels, ever slacker head angles etc etc?!….it must be a complete ball-ache to package that lot without infringing on rival’s patents and with it still riding remotely as intended!

Frankly its a miracle that something like the new Commencal Meta AM-V4 comes along to restore my faith in a designer’s ability….it is indeed a thing of beauty and manages to ape the classic lines of a hardtail my making one complete line from the head tube, down the top tube, along the shock itself, briefly through the seat post, down the seat stays and finally to the rear mech hanger…all while concealing most of the shock in the top tube, simply magical….sorry, what were we talking about again?!

core

Anything by Mondraker.

Or anything with a curved top or down tube, it just ain’t right.

wrecker
    Free Member

Well if it is lovely Tom, spesh need some new photographers because it’s a pig in that pic!
    And as for laying off the grumble; NEVER!!!!

chrisdw
    Free Member

That swarf spline that appeared a while ago. Awful looking thing.

Bregante

God yeah.

Right Minger 🙄

ononeorange

Does gonzy’s gopper not have two front rotors? Or am I seeing double?

shermer75
    Free Member

If there is ever a company that needs to get a decent industrial designer is Planet X.

Saw a couple of new Planet X’s today on the commute, actually thought that they looked really good!! 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Bregante those are bland dude. Shame on you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘New hideous bicycles’ is closed to new replies.