Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New helmet time…Giro or Bell?
  • MicArms

Looking @ either a Bell Slant or Giro Phase. Normally always buy Giro, but is it just me or has the fit of them changed in the last 2 years? Normally a medium in Giro, 55-59cm but now this feels a bit snug. Head size is 58cm. If I go for large , feels like an oversized potty on my suede.

Come on STW, advise and abuse as you see fit.

Del

Mic,
    i don’t see what bearing your 80’s jacket has on things.
    whatever fits your messed up swede.
    HTH,
    Del.

CountZero

Whatever fits, and looks best to you. Giro are owned by Bell, anyway, so those two choices are all that matter.

Aidy
    Free Member

I reckoned the Giro helmet sizing had changed in the past few years too.

But um, the other way around, used to be a large in them, now medium seems to fit me better.

votchy
    Free Member

Get a Met 😀

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Missus just bought a Met Veleno and it’s bloody lovely. Terrible fit on me though.

With helmets, it should be all about fit. Given the choice, I’d go for the Bell, but only if it fits well.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They are all made out of the same stuff. Get whichever fits best or failing that, whichever one you prefer the look of.
    🙂

scruff
    Free Member

my noggin is twixt Giro med and large, so I got a Fox Flux. Take the stupid rear peak off and its fine and dandy, best fitting skid lid Ive had.

MicArms

Yeah Bell fit is bang on, but always used Giro before. Will also check out the fox flux .. cheers for that Scruff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New helmet time…Giro or Bell?’ is closed to new replies.