Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New helmet time – Giro Feature or Bell Super?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

In the business for a new helmet to replace my Flux.
    Been fancying the Giro feature or the Bell Super.
    Any users reviews of both?

widge34
    Free Member

I have both. The Giro is the most Comfortable helmet I’ve ever had, thats not to say the Bell isnt comfortable and I prefer the look of the Bell, but the Giro can be picked up a fair bit cheaper than the Bell. If you go for the Bell, the cheapest place I could find it is £74 at Fatbirds.

rOcKeTdOg

giro is far too hot and the Bell only narrowly looks less “special” than the Giro

zelak999
    Free Member

Any suggestions then RD?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Whatever fits best of course!

kayak23

New troy Lee one if you’re a bit flush?

mangatank
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Troy Lee A1 for the last week. There’s a lot of hype about how comfortable it is…and it’s all true! Quality is through the roof too: Even the impact foam is gloss-lacquered.

I moved from a Giro Xen, one of the best AM helmets ever, to a POC Trabec and then to the A1. The Troy Lee is the best of the three by quite a margin. The retention system and padding can be tuned to such a degree that the straps aren’t needed to keep the helmet firmly on your head. Not that I’d advise doing that 😉

Overheating hasn’t been a problem, but the weather hasn’t been exactly hot. Ventilation seems excellent though.

I’ve got the Cyclops Black Gloss and it looks stunning on or off.

scaredypants

I don’t find the giro hot (and I’m a sweaty bastard) but the less-adjustable strap could be a problem for some people – I probably wouldn’t have bought (online) if I’d realised but luckily it fits me fine

rocketman
    Free Member

Quite like the Feature i’ve got three. They are kind of basic but if it fits it doesn’t need too much in terms of padding/adjustment etc it fits all over and stays put

Like scaredypants I sweat like a Geordie in a maths test but apart from the very hottest days (e.g. This Summer’s heatwave) ventilation is adequate and on a night like tonight its fine. Recommended esp when you can pick them up for £40-45

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The Feature just doesn’t fit me, I’m right between shell sizes so I got a super. Very well made, great quality and fits me well. Loads better vented than my Urge enduromatic but not as comfy. Brow vents work well and so does the GoPro mount which also take my lights (custom bracket).

Fit is key. Try on or be prepared to send back…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New helmet time – Giro Feature or Bell Super?’ is closed to new replies.