Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New helmet, or be reet?
  • godzilla
    Free Member

Had a bit of a spill today and dented my lid, it looks a bit pushed in and the shell looks stressed at the crease but still feels solid, should i replace it?

bobbyspangles

bitter pill to swallow but yes.

seven
    Free Member

Personally i would. Might be worth seeing if poc have an accident free policy

vixalot
    Free Member

Just get a new one its not worth the risk

fergal
    Free Member

Did you re mortgage the house to buy that Poc, good excuse to purchase one of those super bells, very tempted, but alas I can’t justify it.

enduroforever
    Free Member

Cover with a nice sticker and re-use mate

wolly
    Free Member

Replace innit, I spoke to poc when I dented my lid and there was no replacement policy 🙁

godzilla
    Free Member

Cover with a nice sticker and re-use mate

Sorted, cheers dude.

enduroforever
    Free Member

Job sorted lol

_tom_
    Free Member

I’d probably risk it as I very rarely hit my head if I fall and then what are the chances of hitting the same bit again?

godzilla
    Free Member

Tempting but its quite feminine and i don’t do blue.

simondbarnes

Replace

IanW
    Free Member

Looks ok to me.

There not that strong anyway, I doubt it’s reduced its range of protection much.

m0rk
    Free Member

Looks like carbon now it’s got a sticker on it.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d probably risk it as I very rarely hit my head if I fall and then what are the chances of hitting the same bit again?

*chuckles*

chakaping
    Free Member

Poc stuff is twice as safe as rival manufacturers’ helmets, armour etc. isn’t it?

So it’s probably still safer than a Bell or Giro even with the dent.

benji
    Free Member

If you are unsure enough to ask, and want reassurance from a bunch of people you don’t know, and they are judging it purely by looking at a photograph, it’s got to be replacement time.

legend
    Free Member

IanW – Member
    Looks ok to me.
    There not that strong anyway, I doubt it’s reduced its range of protection much.

Awesumz logic, it wasn’t that strong to be with (eh?) so now that it’s been battered it’ll be fine…..

IanW
    Free Member

it’s a bit of polystyrene with a plastic outer designed to protect you from a small knock. It’ll probably still protect you from a small knock, that’s the logic.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Is it me, or would anyone else expect that paying that much you might get some kind of discounted crash replacement? As far as I can tel this is not the same everywhere (in the USA the distributor does do a crash replacement for POC) I would have thought this encourages/incentivises people to ride with a safe and undamaged helmet rather than thinking “I paid £150 for this and I will ride in it till it falls to bits.) For this reason (and that they fitted my swede nicely) the last few I have bought over the years have been Giro (and it is madison who do the replacing/dicounting not Giro btw). Apparently if I crash/damage/break my Athlon I can get a new one for half price. http://www.giro.co.uk/crash-replacement.php

_tom_
    Free Member

*chuckles*

chuckle all you want but if I’d just shelled out that much for a helmet I don’t think I’d be so quick to replace it. Mind you, my helmet has gaffer tape holding the visor up and and is covered in scratches and gouges. But then I’ve had it for years and it still seems ok for the small impacts my head takes if I fall off..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New helmet, or be reet?’ is closed to new replies.