Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New helmet for an old head
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

My Urge AM is getting a bit smelly and tired after 3 1/2 years, so need a replacement with enduro/trail type features. I’m skint so in need of a deal; anyone seen any deals about for medium to large noggin??

hambl90
    Free Member

I’m currently looking at the 7idp m5 , looks nice but can’t find much in the way of reviews yet . Might just go ahead and get one anyway.

hodgynd
    Free Member

In terms of your helmet being smelly ..Im assuming that you are able to remove the pads and wash them ? That would remove that problem
    As far as any deals are concerned ..havent looked but all the usual online sites seem to have extended Black Friday deals on

lunge

Get over to On-One, here and indeed here.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Washed the pads and straps countless times but the helmet itself is just as bad, even with dettol wipes.

downshift

A thumbs up here for the Carnac xc linked to above; got one a couple of weeks ago and it’s rather nice.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

£15 is dirt cheap. Used to love these guys but there a bit Sports Direct now.

matt_outandabout

Just picked up a 7idp M4 uber cheap for middle_oab. It’s a right comfy number, good coverage too. He and I are big heads.

joebristol

If you are after an xc / trail type kid then worth a look at decathlon.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/500-mountain-biking-helmet-black-id_8328686.html?_cclid=v3_f1a4f035-0f6b-583a-a58a-7bbc68259fb4&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwtuSlJm71wIVhxbTCh3UTgkfEAQYAiABEgK4EvD_BwE

I got this model a few years ago for £16.99 and it fits really nicely, complies with the usual helmet standards and looks really nicely finished – especially considering how ludicrously cheap it is.

If you’ve got a bit more budget I got a Giro Chronicle from Winstanleys in a medium size last week for £61.80 delivered. Bit more Enduro for bigger days out. The decathlon one is just going to be used for night riding with a light attached to the top of it for the winter.

lunge

£15 is dirt cheap. Used to love these guys but there a bit Sports Direct now.

You’re right, but if you pick carefully there’s some seriously good kit for not huge amounts of cash. £15 for those helmets is a bargain, I’ve got a couple of the road ones and they’re lovely irrelevant of the price,

paulneenan76
    Free Member

The 7idp looks pretty good for the money.

DIgitaltom
    Free Member

Sorted by MTB Helmets, for sizes M / M-L / L and lowest price first – looks across multiple sites which is pretty handy and just what you’re after!

https://gearpursuit.com/shop/helmets/?gender=M&category=mtb-helmets&size=M&size=M-L&size=L&price_from=0&price_to=100000&view=price_ascending

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New helmet for an old head’ is closed to new replies.