Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New Headset and Forks… (Opinions please)
  • simonb512
    Free Member

My current integrated headset is officially dead and I shall be replacing it imminently. However I have no idea what to replace it with?

I was looking at the Hope one, but to be honest I'm not sure how would it be better than a FSA Orbit?

Any recommendations?

I was also considering replacing the forks at the same time, purely as they are heavy as fsck for what Im using them for…

As far as I can see my main three options are:

* Fox F130 RL (They are OEM, but found a couple of pairs knocking around).
    * RockShox Revelations 426 Duel Air
    * RockShox Pike (either 426 of whatever I can find in similar price frame).

So far I'm leaning to the Revs as I've so far head nothing but good things, but Pikes will probably put up with more abuse and the Floats (I have no idea).

br
    Free Member

Buy Hope, they work.

I just bought a pair of Magura Thor's (£400 from On One), really impressed so far.

simonb512
    Free Member

So do most other headsets 😛

I did notice them, but I'm cheaping out a bit and don't really want to go that high…
    The revs they have there seem to be calling me though…

kevin1911

I've used a few integrated (zero stack) headsets and have found them all to be a bit flimsy. I eventually found an aireal one from the uk importer after the company went bust. Got it for a bargain 25 quid, and it's incredible. The precision fit of the different bits is outstanding, as is the sealing. The importer went bust too and they sold all the stock to a different shop who had inflated the price when i enquired about buying some more. Would be worth looking into though.

kevin1911

Oh, and for forks, i find floats are very slightly plusher than rev's but rev's are much better value for money and more tunable. So i'd go with revs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New Headset and Forks… (Opinions please)’ is closed to new replies.