Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New hardtail suggestions
  • mikey74
    Free Member

So I now have a hankering for a new hardtail, and I’m looking at what’s out there. What I want is something that I can use locally for a bit of everything i.e. some pootles down local, disused railway tracks, larking about in the woods, learning new skills, general abuse etc and also something that is fairly low maintenance (if there is such a thing).

The budget is approx. £600-900. I was thinking about a fully-rigid singlespeed, such as a Genesis IO, but I think it might be a bit too racey for general larking about.

Any suggestions?

BoardinBob

mikey74
    Free Member

That’ll do

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

That’s a sex toy, not a bike.

Speshpaul

All together now WTF!!

I_Ache
    Free Member

The head angle(s) on those forks and the negative length means that will be as twitchy as ****. Quite a high COG too so if you hit a curb at any decent speed you will end up in a right mess like a tortoise on its back!

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Thought about a Scandal? Just put this together for about £700. tips 19.7lb’s

sefton
    Free Member

looks like the stuff you see on machinesex.com (I believe)

titusrider
    Free Member

I love how helpful STW is these days….

but i have no other advice! id be looking at genesis personally get an I/O and some forks?

donsimon
    Free Member

Pipedream Sirius.

face-plant
    Free Member

dialled love hate for pure single speed (getting mine soon 😀 )
    inbred slot drop out for SS or geared options (not that there is any point having them)

chakaping
    Free Member

You could buy or build a top-notch HT secondhand with your budget Mikey.

For instance (just as an example, honest) I’m selling a Cove Handjob and a Cotic Bfe now and a load of highish end stuff – and could easy get under your budget.

Email in profile if interested, but otherwise keep an eye on the classifieds/ebay and see what’s out there.

ridingscared
    Free Member

My dialled holeshot sounds ideal.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the input folks, I’ll have a look at the Holeshot. I quite fancy a Charge Blender mid – any experiences?

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at getting one of these…HARDTAIL

edhornby

I have a voodoo bokor [whispers] from halfords [/whispers] and it’s great

mikey74
    Free Member

On second thought, I might just go for a Genesis IO, and maybe put some suspension forks on it if I feel the need.

Do they take a good thrashing?

ridingscared
    Free Member

want to see some pics of the holeshot? It has pikes, hope pro 2 on mavics, saints , elixir r etc. I did plan on using it as a 4x bike but rode the dragons back , whites a few times and used it mainly to accompany my 7 yr old on fod singletrack.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New hardtail suggestions’ is closed to new replies.