Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New hardtail frame
  • alcolepone
    Free Member

I think i want a new hard-tail frame, currently have a 20inch on one ti 456, its great, but feels too stable and long. After trying a Stanton Slackline, I think I know want something with nice and short chain-stays, and a more playful feel. it could be used from trips around cannock, to commuting to work (2miles), to playing on pump tracks.

Any suggestions other than the Stanton? want to know what options are about.

cheers

alcolepone
    Free Member

no one has any suggestions?

bikeneil
    Free Member

There are loads of options. Solaris?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    djflexure

Buy my Tranny, its just what you describe

takisawa2

Niner ROS.9…

alcolepone
    Free Member

really want to keep to 26 inch wheels.

think its going to be the stanton slackline, though the 4x frame looks interesting.

anyone attempted much trail riding on a 4x?

sv

I had a smallish (for me) NS Surge and whilst it was great fun and agile for about 10% of the time it wasnt for trail riding IMO. The Stanton is great, feels like the Surge but fits much better. The 4X does look good though 🙂

ghastlyrabbitfat
    Free Member

Cove Stiffee. Run 140 forks on mine and so long as you hang loose and relax, will handle fairly teccy stuff though still feels like it climbs efficiently. Very enjoyable from Llandegla black to Beinn A Bhuird. Though the harsher ride does make itself felt if you are going in excess of four hours. But I’m 50 so it’ maybe just me.

Probably not fashionable enough for this forum but you should be able to pick up a bargain somewhere.

chute6
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack this thread but what do you think of your on one 456 ti alcapone and what’s your thoughts for changing?? I’ve got a carbon 456 and have been looking at changing to the Ti version due.to the carbons harsh ride

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New hardtail frame’ is closed to new replies.