Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New Hardtail Frame
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi,

I have a Decathlon Rockrider 8.2, frame of which is battered to hell and also slightly misaligned. Now I know I should have done something about the frame before re: warranty, as it has been like this for a long time. However, it comes up for end of warranty in the spring and I suspect they may tell me to take a hike re: frame being off kilter.

I want to replace the frame and fancy something a bit more bling/pedigree, but not spending Cotic Soul/Santa Cruz Chameleon/Cove sort of cash (although I think they all look ace).

My fork is a 115mm Reba, which came with the Decathlon bike (as 10mm) – it works a treat, so I want to keep this. My main requirement is that I can get some fat tyres in the frame.

My thoughts were:

Orange Crush frame (although the website states minimum fork length of 120mm)
    Ragley Piglet – seems good value
    On-One something or another, a million options

My only hesitation about Orange Crush is (a) fork length and (b) frame sizes only go to 19 inch (I am 6ft 2). Orange frame would also mean supporting local bike shop, which would make me feel less of a tight git.

Any comments, I know some are steel and aluminum, so feel free to comment on my lack of logic.

Chris

deviant
    Free Member

Kona Caldera frames on CRC, JE JAMES, Winstanleys and other places for £150, boring black/grey colours which is probably why they’ve been discounted from £250. Nice angles and will take your fork. Bikeradar said the frame is great but let down by the crappy components Kona build the complete bikes with but if you just want a frame then that’s not a concern for you, I have one…it’s a hoot!

d45yth
    Free Member

Isn’t the ‘Crush’ a completely different type of frame to the other two you listed. I thought it was built to take a bit more abuse and is made from aluminium? All the other bikes you’ve listed, including the one’s that are too expensive, are made from steel. Make sure you know what you want before buying.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New Hardtail Frame’ is closed to new replies.