Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • New hardtail build in progress.. post yours!
  • mangatank
    Free Member

. That stiff rear end means that even standing up you are having to work a lot harder to absorb bumps through your knees and the reluctance of the wheels to leave the ground makes it harder to chuck about.

All the reasons I went back to hardtails as it happens 😉

danielgroves
    Free Member

Gah, this thread is making me crave another bike. Would quit like to build up a singlespeed 29er…

maxtorque

I’m still enjoying my “winter bike” this summer, my c456:

In fact, i think it’s a bit of a “slow burner” and i can see why people perhaps aren’t taken by them immediately. It’s taken me a good 9months of riding to really get on top of it, so to speak, but now, i really like it’s long, stable ride, and lightweight too 😉

GaryLake
    Free Member

Building up a Velocite Flux 29er… hoping for a sub-24lb build and something for occasional racing, but mainly just shorter/quicker local hacks:

Brake-neck
    Free Member

. That stiff rear end means that even standing up you are having to work a lot harder to absorb bumps through your knees and the reluctance of the wheels to leave the ground makes it harder to chuck about.
    All the reasons I went back to hardtails as it happens

All of the above other than the reluctance to leave the ground, my Solaris is more than happy to oblige and feels a lot more predictable than a full suss when its in the air. 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

are paladins, roverpigs and kimbers photoshopped? or is it my eyes?

something not right with those photos???

paladin

organic355 – Member
    are paladins, roverpigs and kimbers photoshopped? or is it my eyes?

something not right with those photos???

Are you referring to the bright thing in the sky?
    Am in scotland , we get quite a lot of it here 🙂

roverpig

No photoshop on mine, but I am also in the frozen North. Maybe there is just something in the air up here 🙂

I’m not surprised that some people enjoy exactly the things that I find are drawbacks on the 29er HT. That’s the beauty of bikes. They are all good really and a feature that may bug somebody may delight somebody else (or even the same person on a different day).

The “slow burner” comment has some resonance with me too. I was out last night playing on some little drops and roots, trying to land the wheels together and loft the front over things. While it is undoubtedly harder than on my 26″ full suss, it is not impossible and would no doubt come with more practice. I guess that’s true of most bikes really and those of us who frequently change bikes in search of the ideal combination may be better served by sticking with one for long enough to really learn how to get the best out of it.

momo

I picked up a Cotic BFe frame on Friday from the classifieds on here, started building it last night, should get it finished and have a first ride tonight 🙂

BFe building by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

Mackem

My Chumba HX1

pembo6
    Free Member

Noting special, but its my baby I’m currently working on. Just new to mountain biking and on a very tight budget (apparently the wife and kids are priority!).

Ragley mmmBop frame. Currently 3×8 but the bash guard and SLX shadow mech is in the mail and will be converted to 1×8, and then 1×9 when the budget allows. Manitou Black 100mm travel forks probably don’t suit the frame, but I love how it feels. Avid Elixir 3 brakes (they were really cheap….for a reason). FSA stem and bar.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

20130616_185020 by cycleofaddiction 1, on Flickr just finshed this, not a mtb but a hardtail nonetheless

20130615_191124 by cycleofaddiction 1, on Flickr this one’s my girlfriend’s I have finshed a couple of weeks ago but have got to swap out the frame for a 14″ when it arrives

20130620_160746 by cycleofaddiction 1, on Flickr this is the next build project, looking forward to having a mtb back in the stable,not had one since it was stolen 3 yrs ago,been riding a sscx pompino which has been great fun but it’s time to get back to some mtb action

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘New hardtail build in progress.. post yours!’ is closed to new replies.