Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New hardcore hardtail
  • opusone
    Free Member

Someone stole my bluepig, so now I need a new hardcore hardtail. I’ve looked at ebay for second hand bikes (seem to get more for your £s that way) and I’ve got it narrowed down to:

Bird Zero
    Bluepig
    Cotic BFE

Opinionise me.

tmb467
    Free Member

Presume these are all 27.5 variants?

If so I’d go Bluepig – I have a penchant for steel. New BFe sounds good but can only imagine the one you’ll be looking at is last years? Had heard it’s a bit chunkier than the Pig but don’t know for sure

Can’t see you go wrong with any of em tho. Bird gets a lot of love in these parts

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Bird has transferable lifetime warranty if that’s important?

jaylittle
    Free Member

A plus for the bird is that the warranty on the frame can be transferred.

opusone
    Free Member

All 27.5, all last year’s variants. The BFEs I’ve looked at are slightly more specced but more expensive with it.

leeerm
    Free Member

Octane-One Prone looks good and is very well priced. They’re <£200 on CRC. The geometry is on par with the above.

I’m on the verge of ordering one, I’ll report back!

The Stif Morph looks good at the other end of the pricing spectrum.

cp

Go 29er 😉

Love my 2016 model ragley big wig.

Mackem

Not really sure what “hardcore” means but the new Orange Clockwork looks lovely.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Dialled Alpine?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Not really sure what “hardcore” means but the new Orange Clockwork looks lovely.

Long travel forks; mincing round trail centres.

tmb467
    Free Member

As per CP – see what 29ers are out there

Dunno what your budget is but there’s a 2016 Genesis High Latitude that I’d seen for sale on eBay (not connected to me btw). Also a Kona Honzo on PB

slackman99
    Free Member

If you do look at a 29er check out my ad 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

Orange Clockwork Evo?

zi99y
    Free Member

I have a first gen Stanton slackline, few years old and 26″, and I love it. Would recommend the frames, and now you have more frame choices and in 27.5 and 29 options. Otherwise, Cotic BFe looks awesome!

opusone
    Free Member

slackman99 – Member
    If you do look at a 29er check out my ad

That’s very pretty and I would be very tempted except the frame is the wrong size for me.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sorry your bike got nicked, it’s rotten isn’t it?

I’d suggest having a go on a B-plus and/or a 29er HT if you haven’t already. Just in case you’re bowled over by the way they ride (I was).

And if you already have and they’re not for you, no worries – I’ll sling my hook.

slackman99
    Free Member

I’ve been riding a 29er for years
    and enjoy the way they ride. Seem to rollover better than the smaller sizes.

russyh
    Free Member

Octane-One Prone looks good and is very well priced. They’re <£200 on CRC. The geometry is on par with the above.

I habe one of the 29er versions it’s a good frame for the money, only complaint is the paint finish is woeful, mines the candy red which looks great in the sun at a distance, but looks like a £200 frame paint job up close. In terms of ride it’s pretty damn good to be honest

whyterider
    Free Member

I have a 2017 Bird Zero TR up for sale in the classifieds which might be of interest.

Mugboo

My hardtail has been ousted by a Fatty which I ride in the same way as my FS so try one of those too before you buy.
    It has the urgency of a HT when you stand up and pedal but 4″ of squish to soak up some of the chatter.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New hardcore hardtail’ is closed to new replies.