Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • NEW! Hard Tail Only Magazine/BLOG
  • hotgospeller
    Free Member

Thanks for all your great comments and feedback – changes have been made!

Endorsement from the likes of Andrew Dodd, Trail 42 and tartybikes has kept the flame blazing and there are new BLOG posts, gallery pictures and reviews for you to savour.

All in the spirit of old-school fun, and – “If you’re sitting down you don’t get it.”

http://scipio6.wix.com/htomag

matt_outandabout

Do we get a blue Endura top only magazine soon?

ontor
    Free Member

old-school fun

\facepalm

legend
    Free Member

“If you’re sitting down you don’t get it.”

**** off

P.S. There’s not a single article/feature/whatever on the site that actually opens in a way I can read it

everyone
    Free Member

I don’t get it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m lying down and I don’t get it.I’m a bit too tired to stand up right now and although I feel maybe I could summon the strength ,I’m afraid it might not ultimately be worth the effort.
    Have you any assurances that once erect I will indeed ‘get it’?

beej

The online journal of techchnical mountain bike connoisseurship

This doesn’t inspire much confidence in the quality of the content. It’s not as if you even need to use a dictionary these days.

EDIT – And that’s with a username that I read as “hotgo speller”.

sharkattack

Website is horrible. Can’t read anything. Why restrict yourselves to old fashioned bikes?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Ooo! Ooo! Me! Me! I want to join in the slating too!

GB rides old-skool and proud at Cannock Chase…big air and berms with seat post at full XC race height is a site to behold!

*Swoon*

Big air measured in mm these days?

Errr… hardtails?

End of my bit – who’s next?

botanybay
    Free Member

I think it looks quite good, I’ll certainly have a read now and then. But I guess the Yeti riding Audi men won’t like it. As this thread proves.

sc-xc

I had a look just so I could stick up for it.

winston
    Free Member

Hmmm.

I get what you are trying to do buuuuut…

…whilst a movement may spawn a mag, when a mag tries to create a movement it normally falls on its arse.

boxelder

site to behold

As a hardtail rider I’m distancing myself – rite unhappy I is.

everyone
    Free Member

But I guess the Yeti riding Audi men won’t like it. As this thread proves.

Have neither a Yeti or an Audi. I still don’t like it.

I ride hardtails as well.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It has a whiff of kaesae about it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

whilst a movement may spawn a mag, when a mag tries to create a movement it normally falls on its arse.

Axe-owning-beard-wearing-tattooed-new-man-bike-riding-coffee-drinking-beardy-McAxerson

richpips
    Free Member

Is there any content in there that can be read with an internet browser?

matt_outandabout

Is there any content in there that can be read with an internet browser?

Not on an iPad or PC it seems.

BoardinBob

I can only assume this is an elaborate hoax

AlexSimon

STW seems unusually miserable this week – must be the December blues.

hotgospeller
    Free Member

Hoax is closest to the mark…

I just love the way that in a het-up ultra over crowded, stressed out modern world, people still have time to escape the killing materialistic daily grind of their over loaded existance to relax by getting stressed out about a hobby!

Unless you are a pro and your livelihood depends on it – RELAX

It’s a pass-time and bikes are toys 🙂

hotgospeller
    Free Member

Plus – I may not have time for spelling, but you lot clearly have time for butchering the English language with Americanisms 😉

IHN

I just love the way that in a het-up ultra over crowded, stressed out modern world, people still have time to escape the killing materialistic daily grind of their over loaded existance to relax by getting stressed out about a hobby!

you lot clearly have time for butchering the English language with Americanisms

I’ll use an Englishism then: “Tosspot”

kayla1
    Free Member

I sort of think I might be on the way to understanding it (the link, not the STW misery) but it’s trying a bit hard to be too cool for school for me. I can’t read it in Chrome either, and the home page images keep reloading each time they appear. Sort the smelling pistakes out and the formatting, tone the ‘we’re awesome cos we don’t need rear shocks’ thing down and it might be worth a read every so often. I hope that’s come across as positive criticism. Citing Dirt mag as a source of hardtail love is a little odd, seeing as how the last issue I bought (about six months ago) looked like they had fully sold out- when did Mark Noble/4130 stop having anything to do with it?

Rob Warner was right, I ride a hardtail because I can’t afford a full sus. Well I can, just- I nearly bought one a couple of months ago in a sale but couldn’t bring myself to chuck £1000 at another bike that, if I’m honest, would get ridden much less than my SS hardtail and as I’m a lazy cow and can’t be chewed to drive to a trail centre would probably never get used properly anyway.

So, to conclude, what was the question again?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Rob Warner was right, I ride a hardtail because I can’t afford a full sus.
    Wheras I have a damn nice full sus that I haven’t used in earnest for about the last 5 years, its just a bit, well, boring in comparison.

darrell
    Free Member
    legend
    Free Member

Stevet1 – Member
    Wheras I have a damn nice full sus that I haven’t used in earnest for about the last 5 years, its just a bit, well, boring in comparison.

You’re doing it wrong

benji
    Free Member

Is the next issue only for 26″ wheel riders just to make sure it’s out of date and trendy niche?

jekkyl

Maybe relaunch it when you’ve got some content. I wanted to like it coz I ride a ht but the site is awful.

scandal42
    Free Member

Can I ask why people have this deluded view that HT mountain bikes are out of date?

It’s an entirely different product to a FS, as relevant and as modern seeing as new models appear each year.

Strange

jaymoid

I was hoping for articles about how to care for rigid chainstays.

kayla1
    Free Member

Hey! I don’t think HTs are out of date at all. They’re groovy.

jaymoid- I put my rigid chainstays in a box full of straw over winter until spring. Oh, no, hang on… that’s a tortoise.

Euro
    Free Member

Is hardtail one word or two?

Hardtail Only Magazine Online

Dickyboy

😆 @ childish euro

IHN

Yay, a gay joke. Hilarious 😕

Euro
    Free Member

Yay, a gay joke. Hilarious

Alternative timeline innit.

Stevet1
    Free Member

legend – Member

Stevet1 – Member

You’re doing it wrong

Let me put it another way, I have my limits and at the moment its more fun to push those limits on a hardtail than it is on a full sus. Everything I used to do on a full sus I can now do on a hardtail, except now its more fun.
    FUN FUN FUN!

mattjg
    Free Member

Hardtail is one word.

The main thing to remember about maintaining a HT is, in the spring, let all that heavy winter air out of the tyres and put in some lighter warmer new season air.

jaymoid

jaymoid- I put my rigid chainstays in a box full of straw over winter until spring. Oh, no, hang on… that’s a tortoise.

The main thing to remember about maintaining a HT is, in the spring, let all that heavy winter air out of the tyres and put in some lighter warmer new season air.

Good tips.

When I am out riding my retro council bike, I sometimes pretend I am rich enough to afford a full suss by bending my legs at the knee to absorb bumps in the terrian.

Also if I’ve not ridden for a while, I’ll pass by a building site and get a friendly worker to jackhammer my undercarriage for half an hour to build up those much needed hardtail calluses.

kayla1
    Free Member

Do you have an NCB donkey jacket to wear when you’re riding your retro council bike? The flouro shoulder patches are so on #Enduro trend, darling.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘NEW! Hard Tail Only Magazine/BLOG’ is closed to new replies.