Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • new handlebars question
  • stavaigan
    Free Member

Apologies if been done to death. Have a 2011 lap zesty 314 with 30×680 bars. Looking to get wider bars – 750ish. WHat rise a and sweep am I looking for and will most circumference fit my current stem? ANd what is a reasonable weight?
    Ta

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Renthal Fat bar or Fat bar light, depending on how wide you want to go.
    Lights are 740mm, Fatbar are 780. come in 10,20 & 30mm rise.

Great feeling bar IMO & all I use on both of my MTB’s

jamj1974

I’ve just gone Fatbar on the hard tail and FS and they feel great!

Scapegoat

I have a pair of 750mm Funn Fatboy bars for sale. Decent condition (usual fittin marks) Low rise (about 25mm at a guess) with 8.5 deg back and 5 deg upsweep. Light given that they’re alu bars at 275g. not much to gamble…..

andycs

Renthal Fat Bar Lite.

riddoch

I thought in general as you go wider you need to shorten your stem to maintain the same “position”?
    Are your existing ones really 30mm diameter or 31.6mm?

davewalsh
    Free Member

Rise and sweep is all about personal preference IMO. Personally I like the shape of Easton bars (9 degree sweep and 5 degree rise). Tried a set of renthals and didn’t get on with them (7/4). As for fitting your stem, it will most likely fit unless you buy one of the new bars that have a 35mm clamp, however the extra with will make the bike feel much bigger. As a general rule, to keep the same feeling, for every 10-15mm that you add to your bars you should take 5mm off the stem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘new handlebars question’ is closed to new replies.