• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mehr.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New handlebars advice
  • garethjambo1
    Free Member

Hi all,

Wanting to upgrade my stock boardman handlebars and stem on my boardman team fs to something a bit wider. I think this will finish off the bike nicely as I have also just upgraded my seatpost and saddle.

Have done quite a bit of looking around and have shortlisted the following (alloy 31.8):

Ragley wiser riser
    Easton Havoc
    Raceface Atlas

Any views on the above and also any others I should be looking at? Probably not looking to spend any more than £40. The stem I will probably get the same model as the chosen handlebars….

Teetosugars
    Free Member

In typical STW style, recommend what you run.
    So I’ll suggest £6 over yer budget, but Renthal are spotty Dog imho..

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/renthal-fatbars.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIutqCkoD21gIVVz8bCh22-wamEAQYByABEgL4bvD_BwE

kayak23

I’ve had both the Eastons and the Atlas. Both very nice and handlebar-y and you know, you hold on to them and…..yeah.

garethjambo1
    Free Member

Cheers everyone

martymac

I have the renthal bars on one bike, they are pretty good, a nice amount of sweep for me.
    Handlebars, like all contact points (pedals, saddle etc) are a very personal item, so one mans greatest ever may be a bit underwhelming for the next man.
    I have different bars on another bike, they are a bit straighter, and are only comfy with ergo grips.

Northwind

You can almost get RSP Ego DH carbon bars for that price- I’ve had 2 sets and been very happy (replaced one with a set of Renthal carbons just to get less rise, they’re indistinguishable from each other when riding tbh). Had Enve before and the only difference was they were a bit more vibratey.

joebristol

If you’re changing stem as well and get one with a 35mm clamp this is a bargain:

https://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBEGLS/el-guapo-saloon-riser-handlebar

molgrips
    Free Member

Bars are very personal. Depends entirely on the rest of your setup and your riding position etc.

garethjambo1
    Free Member

Thanks all. Didnt quite understand that I could change the stem to 35mm rather than having to get another 31.8mm one. Whats the difference between 31.8 and 35mm? Is it all down to weight, rider preference etc?

mehr
    Free Member

Funn full on £22 from CRC, job done

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New handlebars advice’ is closed to new replies.