Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New glasses, same prescription, everything feels odd
  • rossburton
    Free Member

So I just got some Oakleys reglazed with my prescription. Same prescription as my usual glasses, same pupil distance. Put the glasses on and I’m immediately walking into doorframes and feeling a bit sick… Pretty usual for new glasses but I’d always put that down to a new prescription not just different frames.

Has anyone else had this for same prescription/different frame, or should I get the lenses checked? I can see through them but distances are all “wrong” if you know what I mean. Is this entirely down to the shape of the frame being different so the world isn’t where I expect it to be?

colournoise

Oakleys more curved than your old frames?
    Thinner/lighter lenses?

Speeder

A more curved lens will do that – you’ll get used to it.

rossburton
    Free Member

Yeah definitely more curved. My usual glasses are rectangular and fairly flat, the Oakleys are Half Jackets so very much curved.

Annoying as I was hoping to just switch between the two for riding etc. Hopefully I get used to them quickly and won’t ride into trees!

colournoise

Yeah, still need a minute or so of adjustment when I switch to my riding glasses (Evil Eyes with prescription inserts) even after a year of having them.

scotroutes

I switch between three sets of prescription glasses, including a set of Half Jackets. I never have any problems.

aP
    Free Member

If your prescription is higher then high base frames can be an issue. Your opticians should warned you about this.

antigee

might want to return to have checked are actually as per order – had this last week with one of the teen antigee’s picking up new glasses “these make me dizzy” after a bit of running around found one lens was not as ordered – thanked staff for actually bothering to check and not just dismiss

Fat-boy-fat

Also check that the focal point of each lens is bang on level. I’ve had glasses in the past that were off by about 2mm between each eye and it felt like I was p1shed.

kelvin

I had that with some new specs, and it was entirely down to different anti-reflective coatings.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Also check that the focal point of each lens is bang on level. I’ve had glasses in the past that were off by about 2mm between each eye and it felt like I was p1shed.

This.

Got a new set once. Nightmare. Went back and for them saying they are different glasses and different prescriptionm give it some time etc. Eventually turned out the pupil distance on the glasses was “within standard tolerance, but slightly out”. New set of lenses and they were perfect.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New glasses, same prescription, everything feels odd’ is closed to new replies.