Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Giant Reign 2015
  • tomaso
    Free Member

New Reign looks good.
    pinkbike reign
    Long low and slack with 65 degree head angle. Shame the XL is not being imported to UK.

tomaso
    Free Member

honourablegeorge

I don’t like this whole trend for downtubes that run parallel with the ground in front of the BB before curving upwards. And colour-matched shock/fork combos annoy me too.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think the £2200 one above looks belting, I’d have one of them and an xc race bike please.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Friend has the above. It’s awesome. And loooooooong. Really long.

AlexSimon

honourablegeorge – Member

I don’t like this whole trend for downtubes that run parallel with the ground in front of the BB before curving upwards. And colour-matched shock/fork combos annoy me too.
    Neither do I. It’s normally to fit a bottle, but tbh that design looks like it could have fitted one anyway.
    Maybe it’s so that you can fit a bottle on even the smallest sizes.

deviant
    Free Member

I test rode one recently when looking for a new FS.

They are good, obviously…finding bad bikes these days is hard!…realistically though they are a hard hitting bike along the lines of the Spesh Enduro, Orange Alpine etc etc…and if i am being honest with myself that isnt the type of riding i do all the time, for the once yearly trip to the Alps or the handful of uplifts i do each summer it didnt seem worth it compared to the more regular rides i do weekly in the local woods, trail centres, Surrey Hills etc etc.

I was looking at Giant because they offer value for money almost on a par with the direct sales companies but with the advantage of having a dealer i can go back to if there’s a problem.

In the end i went for the 2015 Trance, it has a 140mm back end and will take forks up to 160mm with a head angle from 67 to 66 degrees depending on what length forks you want to run.

The Reign is long and slack as others have said already and will no doubt be great at downhill stuff but some may find it a bit cumbersome for trail work, tight nadgery climbs etc…if i had more money i’d keep the Trance at 140mm for general riding and buy a Reign too for the odd occasion i want something more.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

They are pretty awesome to ride. Somehow they manage to be balls out fast, yet still remain really good fun and playful. I might even go so far as to say it’s the best bike I’ve ridden.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Giant Reign 2015’ is closed to new replies.