Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • New Giant 2010 bikes USA Launch pics/stuff
  • zangolin
    Free Member

Liking the look and spec of the new 2010 Reign-X + Faith frames.
    Report on NSMB.com

Also stuff on Velovert.com

bigsi
    Free Member

Giants just get worse looking every year IMHO 😐

chakaping
    Free Member

I almost hope they stay as unpopular as they have been, so I can pick one up on the cheapy-cheap this time next year.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I wish they'd allow a full run of seattube to allow a meaningful drop of the saddle. The kink which accommodates the pivot is annoying.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Upon seeing the picture: "Errr… What the ****"

eth3er
    Free Member

I likes the Reign.

rOcKeTdOg

awful with matching awful looking saddle

Spud

Did they let the Giant kindergarten design those?

theotherjonv

My original model year Trance rode really well but when i came to change it I couldn't face another because of these fugly potbellied looking things.

They say the same thing about me.

grumm
    Free Member

Quite like the look of the Glory, the others are pretty fugly. That thin bit on the top tubes looks a bit funny – like it would just snap at that point.

psychle
    Free Member

does ANYONE still use a water bottle on a bike like these?? that's the only reason frame designers go for the 'pot-belly' look, so they can still say 'you can get a water bottle in there…' but everyone uses a hydration pack nowadays right??

rj
    Free Member

You are all cxorrect, desperately unattractive bikes. When almost everything rides well these days, why would you?

pantsonfire
    Free Member

The only Giants I can look at without wincing are the Anthems the rest just look dull and heavy.

MadBillMcMad

Looks like they need a shopping basket on the front.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Seems to be a lot of Giant hate on here….

I love the look of them, although they do looks heaps better in the metal. I am a little biased of course, got a Trance X0, easily the best bike i have owned.

Giant Glory will be joining the family soon enough too 🙂

toons
    Free Member

they need a few more bends!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The kink which accommodates the pivot is annoying.

Being limited to 4" of saddle droppage is thing I don't love about my TranceX2. The "pot belly" is rock magnet but it shrugs them off OK.

I think the curves are "sexy" when done in plain finishes like the 2008 TranceX series and older Trances. I was never a big fan of the "split" finish look they've had for a couple of years. But I confess I dislike the look of those new bikes: weird looking saddle and horrid paint "urban" paint.

caledonia
    Free Member

Nooooooo…… Far to swoopy.
    What is it with over forming those tubes. (Spesh are at it too !)

IMO the first couple of generations are way better looking than the latest ones.

clubber
    Free Member

What is it with over forming those tubes

Presumably you've done a full stress analysis to come up with that conclusion? 😉

caledonia
    Free Member

I ment the increasing use of tube bending, it looks too curvy for me.
    Not the actual merits of the strength of it all.

chakaping
    Free Member

The only Giants I can look at without wincing are the Anthems the rest just look dull and heavy.

That's unfortunate, because the newer "swoopy" frames are really light.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Really light… my Small Trance X weighs 11.8Kg (about 26lb)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

caledonia, making a bent tube is a LOT cheaper than that CNC-machined "basket" at the bb/downtube join that holds your shock (and the shock on my first generation Reign). Old skool rules!

"pot belly" is a bang on description for the newer ones.

clubber
    Free Member

I ment the increasing use of tube bending, it looks too curvy for me.

I know you did 🙂

It's our faults really – every year we want lighter, stronger and cheaper 🙂 Unfortunately the end product may not look as nice…

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Fugly front triangles. but some nice details i like

3 spoked bearing covers and square seat tube

Replacable modular dropouts in nice colour

replacable dropout on the reign is a fugly "sick yellow" triangle
    Nice cable routing through open ended seat stay, how about a bet that it fills up with mud and adds a pound in weight?

Jezwick
    Free Member

Thats a sweet looking rig

mboy
    Free Member

Ah I love being a Giant owner…

All the derisive looks and disapproving comments from other owners cos your bike is "ugly"… Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you can't argue with the Maestro Suspension's performance, nor the fact that even at RRP Giant's are somewhat of a bargain compared to most other makes, let alone the fact that cos nobody in the UK buys them (because they're ugly) at full RRP, you can always get a BIG discount on a year old bike!

Keep going with the form follows function approach I say!

Horse
    Free Member

The Glory has got rid of it's underbelly shock mount, good thing to. Mine is a sodding rock magnet.

higgo
    Free Member

chakaping
    Free Member

If anybody's interested in more detailed spec info, many of the pages of the Giant 2010 site are now searchable with Google.

For example, here's the Faith 1.

No UK prices unfortunately.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘New Giant 2010 bikes USA Launch pics/stuff’ is closed to new replies.