Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Full Face Options
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

Currently still recovering from concussion after an off at Gawton last week so am pretty convinced its time I binned my helmet that saved me!
    Helmet was a 661 comp from a few years back. What’s worth looking at as a replacement?
    Not a full time downhiller so only will be used around 10 times a year..budget won’t stretch over £150 at most. Ideally less.

pigeonthing
    Free Member

crc had some good deals on 100% aircraft helmets

oldtalent
    Free Member

I like my kali avatar from edgeactionsports. It’s the v1 so a massive discount compared to new.
    Quality is way in excess of the 661.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Love my Bell Super 3R. Light, breezy and versatile.

skybluestu
    Free Member

Is the Bell Super 3 downhill safety certified with the chinbar on. Can’t help thinking that these type arnt going to off the same protection as a permanent full face?

stevied
    Free Member

TLD D3/D2 on sale at CRC

mikey74
    Free Member

Bell Transfer 9: Best fitting helmet I’ve ever had, but you’l need to try one on, first; as with any FF.

submarined
    Free Member

Yup, I’ve got a Transfer 9 as well. But as always and above, try on loads.
    661 fitted OK but wasn’t that comfy, plus very little venting.
    TLD D2 and D3 were just an odd shape for me – the shell sat on my skull, really uncomfy.
    The Transfer fits like a glove, and although not exactly breezy, is surprisingly cool once you get on the move. Not expensive either.

teethgrinder

Bounced the chinbar of a Super 2R off of a tree a couple of weeks ago. Was only low speed, but very happy I was wearing it.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Don’t think the 3R is certified. Also didn’t read your budget. My bad.

skybluestu
    Free Member

Pondering if MIPs is an essential over a decent d3 etc that exceeds standards anyway these days. 6 days of concussion makes me think I want the best possible protection for the next hit!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Full Face Options’ is closed to new replies.