Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New full-face helmet
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Giro Remedy (size small) for about 5 years, and it’s been great, However, it is due for replacement.

Any suggestions? I could just get another one, but I was wondering if there is anything else worth trying < £150.

therag
    Free Member

I got an urge lid for an alps trip, they are really light, highly recomended.

mikey74
    Free Member

Which one? The Down-o-matic looks pretty good value.

Anyone know how they size up compared to the Remedy? There is nowhere near me that sells them, so I won’t get a chance to try one on.

Must be glasses friendly 8)

Northwind

Downomatic gets my recommendation too- well vented and light (though not the lightest), and all-day comfy. Looks slightly odd though (and has a vent in the middle of the visor, which is just weird.) But I’ve not tested one to destruction so that’s partly based on trust.

CRC sells them, and also does free returns now.

jedi

Kali full face for the win
    I use carbon avatar 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

I was looking at the Kali Avatar, but they are £180, which is a lil coiny.

igrf
    Free Member

Try googling Kali Durgana it’s cheaper

juan
    Free Member

carefull with the urge helmet, they are not as well fitting s other helmet. Dainese will get my vote, so will 661,bluegrass and Giro indeed.

Northwind

What does “not as well fitting” mean here Juan? Fitting is entirely down to your head! Not sure if I’m understanding you.

Mine couldn’t fit better- it’s a very Arai shape inside, I changed to the thinner cheekpads but didn’t use any of the other adjusters (of which there are tons)

getonyourbike
    Free Member

carefull with the urge helmet, they are not as well fitting s other helmet.

For you maybe.

Both (Enduro-O-Matic and Down-O-Matic) my Urge lids fit great. I’m probably going to get an Archi Enduro for enduro racing next year too.

therag
    Free Member

Yeah the downomatic, it was last years on offer on crc at the time. I used to wear an arai on the mx bike and its very similar without the weight. I’ve got a large in the down o matic and a small in the xc one so would order both and return one.

jedi

The kali is soooo light too

mikey74
    Free Member

For 240 notes I would hope so.

slowrider
    Free Member

I’ve been using the urge for the past 6 months. It’s fairly light and comfy and doesn’t get too hot. I definitely wouldn’t recommend it though; the liner isn’t removable and falls to bits pretty quick.

For a budget lid you can’t beat the 661’s for the odd ride here and there, they last ok and can be found at good prices. I’d go for a Kali if you use it a lot; cheaper and lighter than a troy lee but on a par for performance.

juan
    Free Member

People who have a Urge and another FF helmet usually say they prefer the other helmet as it tends to move less. But then who are people riding DH and enduro know compare to the week end warrior of STW 😉

getonyourbike
    Free Member

juan – Member
    People who have a Urge and another FF helmet usually say they prefer the other helmet as it tends to move less. But then who are people riding DH and enduro know compare to the week end warrior of STW

Oh dear… It’s not possible for anybody on STW to race DH and Enduro is it? *Facepalm*

slowrider
    Free Member

Juan I don’t understand. Winking at the end doesn’t make it any clearer.

jedi

The kali carbon is lighter than troy lee carbon and half price!

Northwind

juan – Member

People who have a Urge and another FF helmet usually say they prefer the other helmet as it tends to move less. But then who are people riding DH and enduro know compare to the week end warrior of STW

Oh Juan… If their helmet is moving, it’s because it doesn’t fit them well. That can happen with any brand, and you know this fine well. My 661 moves about more than my Urge, because it fits less well.

And my head and my helmet are exactly the same size whether I’m doing an uplift or I’m racing.

mikey74
    Free Member

Perhaps I’ll just get another Remedy, hahaha.

I do like the Kali Avatar (non carbon), so I may see if I can save my pennies for that one.

Anyone tried the THE T2 Composite?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Unless you try it on then you don’t know. I had the 661 basic one and it was poor on me and for goggles. Next model up perfect and light.

_tom_
    Free Member

Had my 661 comp for a few years now and it’s still going even with the peak gaffer taped on as the screws fell out 😆 Based on that I’d definitely recommend 661, mine has lasted well. I almost don’t want to get rid of it, its been everywhere with me! Starting to smell a bit though..

mikey74
    Free Member

Had my 661 comp for a few years now and it’s still going even with the peak gaffer taped on as the screws fell out Based on that I’d definitely recommend 661, mine has lasted well. I almost don’t want to get rid of it, its been everywhere with me! Starting to smell a bit though..

I kinda feel the same about my Remedy.

Unless you try it on then you don’t know.

[quote]

I don’t have many options for trying them on near me. There is a shop about 20 miles away that sells the Kali, but it is a bit more than I wanted to spend.

mikey74
    Free Member

Two others to add to the list now:

Fox Rampage
    THE T2 Composite

I can try on the Fox at my local Evans, but not the THE.

Anyone gone from a small Remedy to any of the above?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New full-face helmet’ is closed to new replies.