Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • new FS frame recommendations based on existing parts.
  • organic355
    Free Member

Been thinking for a while of going the short to medium travel full susser route. I have upgraded my current Carbon frame (HT) frame considerably, but was wondering what frames would be suitable to transfer all of these bit over too?

Fork Rockshox SID Team 2009
    Brakes Avid Elixir CR 160mm F&R,
    Handlebar FSA K-FORCE CARBON RISER
    Headset FSA integrated
    Stem FSA XC-115 OS 90mm Carbon Clamp
    Cassette SRAM PG990 (11-34)
    Chain SRAM PC991
    Chainset/BB TruVativ Comp G 9sp. 22x32x44T ISIS
    Derailleur Front Shimano LX (M571)
    Derailleur Rear SRAM X.0 Medium Cage (Redwin Red)
    Shifters SRAM X.0 Redwin Red
    Pedals Shimano XTR M970
    Saddle Selle Italia SLR XC Gel Flow
    Wheelset American Classic MTB 26
    Tyres Schwalbe Nobby Nic EVO 26 x 2.1
    Skewers X-Lite Tech 9 Titanium 79g/pair

Looking for something fairly lightweight, do it all (not extreme downhill) full susser.

mboy
    Free Member

Your biggest limiting factor as to what you can use that lot with is your fork. As it’s 100mm travel maximum, you’ll not want a frame with any more than 100mm of travel otherwise it will feel horrid.

The rest of the kit would be fine on anything up to most 5-6″ travel trailbikes probably.

I’d have a look at lots of frames, decide what kind of travel you want first. You could always sell your 100mm SID and replace with a 120mm version of the same easily enough, or even something longer travel if you wanted.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

As mboy says, take a deep breath, chuck the SIDs and go for some longer travel forks.

Front mech and seatpost are the only two things you might get caught with in terms of sizing. And some new cables. Oh, and possibly headset. At a longshot bottom bracket too.

Starts adding up!

joolsburger
    Free Member

A Santacruz Superlight quite a few about and looks a good fit for all that gear.

chakaping
    Free Member

Anthem X

Hadge
    Free Member

Turner Flux DW – check out and see if Wiggle have any 2010 frames left.

legend
    Free Member

An Anthem is still 100mm so doesn’t exactly for the ‘mid travel’ tag

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Morewood zula

avdave2

An Anthem is still 100mm so doesn’t exactly for the ‘mid travel’ tag

OP does say short to medium though.And the forks could be changed to 120 later.

sefton
    Free Member

flux

organic355
    Free Member

can you tell me more about the santa cruz superlight? fancy something like that, maybe the turner to.

Was swaying away from the treks/giants/speshs as Ive had these before.

fancied something a bit different and the SC or turners look interesting, anything else?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Morewood Zula

Hadge
    Free Member

I’d definitely give a thumbs up for the Zula if you want something a bit different. Lovely bikes and good value too.

sefton
    Free Member

anjs
    Free Member

make sure your current fork steerer is long enough for the new frame

TheFlyingOx

Transition Bandit?

los
    Free Member

Howsabout a Commencal Super 4? Nice solid 100mm frame but the geometry is happy (and designed for) up to 120mm. Feels really planted this way

sefton
    Free Member

think merlin has some cheap commencal frames

organic355
    Free Member

digging up another thread from last week.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a superlight frame, looks just what i am after.

Anyone know when the 2012 models will be in stock and where I can get one, or any good deals on a 2011 – black – medium?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘new FS frame recommendations based on existing parts.’ is closed to new replies.