Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New front tyre suggestions
  • adds

Hi im new here but thought I would get the knowledge of you all.
    I’ve got a 26inch kona hardtail. I mainly do xc/ local bridleways and occasional trail centres dalby gisburn etc.

Ive got a Spesh fast track on the back which is fast rolling and grippy enough for me.

Currently on the front is Conti RQ which grips superb .
    As I mainly do bridleway stuff I do some miles on tarmac and the RQ is a bit slow.

Ive been looking at maxxis ardent, ignitors and spesh ground control.

So what do people think for a new front tyre.

Cheers
    Adam

colournoise

Stick with Specialized.

The Captain if you want faster rolling.
    Purgatory if you want a bit more grip.

Just bought a Purgatory to replace my worn out front Eskar – will be sticking it on in the morning and will report back

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Didn’t actually get round to riding today, but fitted it on the front of my Enduro this evening and it comes up quite a bit narrower than the 2.3 Eskar that I still have on the rear. I didn’t look at the height though if I’m honest.

adds

Well its been a while but in the end I got a spesh ground control in there tyre amnesty. So far been great on the front. Grips well and is predictable.
    Might have to look at replacing the rear tyre in the autumn which is an ancient spesh fast track. Only been properly used for a couple of years, a bit slippiy in the slop but such a durable tyre I think. Ill run it till I kill it!

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

If you like the RQ, swap over to a Mountain King 2 and you’ll enjoy the reduced rolling resistance
    (2.4 MK2 is only slighly larger carcass width to 2.2 RQ but higher volume)

tomkerton
    Free Member

High Roller 2 is THE tyre for the front imho.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New front tyre suggestions’ is closed to new replies.