Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • New frame time. Titus El Guapo or FTM?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Hi all
    I’m looking to get a new frame and like the look (and prices) of the Titus frames. I’m currently running an On One 456 Carbon with Fox Float 32RLC 150mm tapered forks.
    I’m looking to get something more ‘all mountain’ and I think both would fit the bill. I’ve read a few negatives about the EG’s low BB and pedal strikes but was wondering if this would be a problem when running 150’s? I’m not too put off by the lower BB as I can just adjust my riding to suit..
    Is it possible to lift the front end of the EG using different headset lowers to help keep the BB a bit higher tho? The 456 BB is approx 13.5″ and my old Giant Reign was about 13.7″.
    The FTM seems to have a higher BB @ 13.25″..

Any help or thoughts would be gratefully received…

james
    Free Member

I put an on-one mixer taper headset (came supplied with 1.5″>1.125″ reducer crown race) to ‘prop-up’ my 150mm revs in my EG, getting it within a few mm of a 160mm fork with an internal(/very low stack) lower headcup.
    Being a 1st gen. on-one tweaked EG (a bit steeper HA), I’m thinking I might get a angleset type headset with fat lower cup, though this will lower the BB more

Its lower than my old SJer FSR but I wouldn’t say its that bad, certainly winding the fork to 120mm on any techy ups and its becomes an issue but at 150mm it just requires a little riding adjustment backing off, powering up a bit more kind of thing, though the multiple-parallel rutted trails of the peak district can get annoying (think up edale>hollins x)
    Maybe if you want to run a lot of rear shock sag then the low BB would be a big problem on techy (rutted) ups, but I’ve yet to run it like that

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New frame time. Titus El Guapo or FTM?’ is closed to new replies.