Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New frame time…
  • ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I’ve got a brown one one 456 and I’ve meant to change it for ages but never bothered.

What options for 26″ long travel hard tail?

jaylittle
    Free Member

How about a Dartmoor hornet…. gives you the option of going 650b later on and they ate quite reasonably priced.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cotic Bfe

peteimpreza

Cotic BFe

JAG

Cotic Bfe

+1 (actually +2 8) )

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Yes I really like the Bfe’s. Would I die if I went for the 27.5 option and run 26″ wheels? I’m assuming that it would just lower the bottom bracket.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I’m after a bit of advice. So I’m about to take the plunge on a new Bfe 26″ frame.

The only thing I’ve noticed is that my current seat post from my 456 is 27.2mm and won’t fit the new frame so I’m tempted to invest in a reverb stealth dropper.

Is there anything else I’m missing that wouldn’t be compatible?

My donor bike spec is;
    [*]Shimano XT M770 Chainset inc BB 44/32/22 175mm[/*]
    [*]RockShox Revelation RLT 140 Suspension Fork 9mm QR / 1 1/8″[/*]
    [*]Shimano XT M775 Disc Brake Set[/*]
    [*]Shimano XT front/rear mechs[/*]
    [*]Shimano MT15 Disc Wheelset[/*]

Thanks!

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Bump

oldnpastit

Is that fork an old-style 1 1/8, or tapered?

crashrash

Sounds great and I am a cotic owner so love their bikes! Assume the BB is threaded? What size is the seat tube – I have a reverb stealth 30.9 with a right handed button to fit on the left under the bar.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Brakes, chainset and rear mech will be fine. I suppose it is possible (but I think unlikely) you’ll need a longer hose to the rear brake – probably depends on the routing on the respective frames.

You’ll have to check the clamp size on the front mech (you need 34.9). Your current one will probably have the size marked on the inside of the clamp. However a new front mech will be peanuts on eBay due to the current popularity of 1x gear systems. I’ve several spare front mechs, unlikely to ever be used (by me)

Is your current rear wheel and ‘old fashioned’ QR skewer – that’s what you need

I don’t know what the head-tube size of your On-One is but I’m pretty certain you’re going to need a new headset.
    This from the Cotic site:
    ‘Our new frames have adopted the external bottom cup regardless of whether you’re using a 1 1/8″ steerer or taper. Whilst a regular zero stack bottom cup will fit if you’re using 1 1/8″ forks, it steepens all the angles by 0.5deg and more importantly for frame longevity, you will have no fork adjuster clearance to the down tube so using zero stack bottom cups has strong potential for damaged forks and frame as well as slightly shady handling. Hope have this completely covered with their new 2H headset. This has a crown race adaptor you can use for 1 1/8″ forks leaving you free to upgrade to taper in the future without changing your headset.’

Check out Cotic’s webby thing. There’s a wealth of info on it.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys.

I don’t know if the fork is old style or tapered.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Yes my rear wheel is the old style QR skewer.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Flashinthepan – thanks I’ll order the hope 2h headset.

A s/h Shan 26 took all the bits (well, the important bits) off my 2008 Enduro, including the QR rear wheel

breadcrumb

You’re fork will be a straight steerer.

I’d be tempted to get an external lower headset cup and an adapter for your forks. That way should you upgrade to a tapered fork (straight steerers are thin on the ground these days) you’re ready for it.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Thanks for the information guys.

Just looking at the hope headset on chain reaction

Am I correct in saying it’s 1.5″ steerer and the Option EC44/40 – Type H i need?

Thanks again!

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Okay after a ton of research.

For Cotic Bfe frame and a 1 1/8th fork, I think I need the bottom cup type B and top cup type 2.

Please feel free to flame me if I have it wrong 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New frame time…’ is closed to new replies.