Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New frame suggestions – Giant XTC of similar
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

OK, I'm looking to replace my aging and slightly too small Gary Fisher frame with another hardtail.

I had my eye on a large Giant XTC but two randomlly selected dealers have stated week 24 as the earilest date they would be available to me.

So what else is there for 100mm forks, ride it like you stole riding up to around £350?

malchales
    Free Member

I`ve a Kinesis XC2. Its cheap,light,cumfy,looks great. I put xt/sids/717s, carbon bars and seatpost its great for enduros,winter riding and long weekenders too. The price is unbeatable too! You have to be carefull of the paintwork though.

sambob
    Free Member

why not try an carbon ebay special? they were up for roughly £200 about a month ago. njee would be the man to ask on that subject.

toys19
    Free Member

Try pauls cycles online they have good deals on xtcs from this year, last year and before, complete bikes but worth it as you can sell off the new parts and probs make a profit.

will
    Free Member

running a 2010 xtc 1 here. Great bike, very fast and unlike previous xtc's actually quite comfortale. It is a race frame though…

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Pauls Cycles do not ship outside of the UK, so no luck there, also no stock.

I find race geometry comfortable for up to 4/5 hours, although to be honest that's all I've ever known.

Kinesis is a good idea, will investigate them more.

When do On One get their carbon 456's in?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I got one of these:

And building one of these:

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Hmm, nice, white frame, black forks, red details.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Final build pick on the XCPro3 to come (when I have finished and its polished 😉 )- getting a red Hope Seatpost clamp and white grips 🙂

malchales
    Free Member

My XC2 is white with red decals,white sids and it still looks white after a hard winter. The top tube on the XC2 is a tad shorter than the XCPro.If thats any help! The new XCpro3 looks yummy!

oldgit
    Free Member

Giant slackened the head angle on XTCs which makes it a great all day/race/trail bike.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Why do people clamp frames on the top tube though? Or any tube for that matter?
    Will people PLEASE clamp them on the seatpost!
    (sorry foxyider, just had to be said 😉 )

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New frame suggestions – Giant XTC of similar’ is closed to new replies.