Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • (new frame) nukeproof mega with 140mm or 160mm forks for an orange 5 (old frame)
  • oreetmon
    Free Member

is it possible to run 140s on the mega, the singletrack mag review mentioned it could be set up for aggro XC but after i tried to work out the HA with a 140mm it comes in at 69′ in my numpty recogning….. i defo need slacker for my locals.

i know it will have more travel at the rear but until i can afford something bigger in 12mnths is it a real NO-NO doing this ?

OR should i stick with my 2008 five and buy some 160mm to slacken it off
    i have long known the limitations of my 140 fork on the five and would like to go bigger to push my limits

i mainly ride push up/big climbs and turn around to nail the DH, i dont bother with trail centres so im not arsed about xc efficiantcy (sp?) mostly off piste rides

is it a new frame or is it 160s for the five,

expert opinions needed.

is that brant chap about ?

stevede
    Free Member

A coil shock and some 160mm forks would transform your five into a cracking bike for pointing down, tracks really well with a coil shock. Fitted a 36 van fork and a van rc rear shockto my old five and it was ace going down.

nasher
    Free Member

When page and theguys were out here, they said it was designed for along travel front fork, i.e a fast (rear short travel) but big hitting bike..

They were great fun, excellent geometry and handling instead of long travel… a good combo escpecially for the UK

oreetmon
    Free Member

thanks chaps,
    nasher, i pressume your speaking of the mega.

looks like its a new fork/shock combo.

cheers.

carbon337
    Free Member

I have a 160 forked five and love it. Considering a coil shock – anyone want to swap a 2010 rp23 bv for a coil?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘(new frame) nukeproof mega with 140mm or 160mm forks for an orange 5 (old frame)’ is closed to new replies.