Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New Frame: Liteville 301 Mk11
  • P20

The seatpost finally arrived today and its built. After all the debating about seat angle, it feels the right size when having a quick ride around the block. I’ll get it offroad tomorrow 😀
    All the kit except post and front mech came off my crash damaged ASR5C.
    No idea on weight, not that fussed, feels a bit heavier than the Yeti though

Liteville 301 Mk11 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

J273
    Free Member

Looking at getting one of these myself.

Unsure on sizing being 6ft. What size frames that and how tall are you?

Thanks

jools182
    Free Member

Nice.

Been promising myself one for ages

When I get the cash………

seadog101

When I win the lottery… or sell a kidney/kid

Seriously though, these are, in my humble opinion, the finest looking bike in the world. The neatest FS design.
    Even if it will chop your willy off during a spot of naturalist riding.

P20

I’m 5’8″ and thats a large frame. For comparison i also ride an 18″ 456C, medium Yetis. If you look in my profile you’ll see a couple of threads on the sizing issue. I’ve based it around the same TT length as my other bikes, but the seat tube is steeper. So when i’m off the back of the bike it will feel longer.
    The other option was to go for the medium and a layback post. This would be roughly the same TT and the same out of the saddle. However i couldn’t get a long enough seatpost with layback – the frame requires 140mm post inside the frame. 😕

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

If you ever decide it’s too big for you let me know. I have a medium 301 that’s a touch too short for me (5 foot 10ish). Still a great bike for most riding.

tonyg2003

One our group was out on Sunday on his. He was raving about how good it was.

P20

A little update. The fox vanillas started creaking so they have been upgraded to 160mm Pikes. Hopefully this will also get around the pedal strike problems. Looking forward to trying this forks out tomorrow. It’s also gained a Reverb stealth. I’m still not convinced I want/need a dropper, so we’ll see how that one goes.

Untitled by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

What was with the pedal strike issues? The BB on them isn’t very low? If anything, quite the opposite.

P20

With the 140mm Vanillas, I was getting a lot of pedal strikes. I think partly because it’s been designed with an eye on 650b compatibility and being able to take longer forks

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I guess that’s a short fork! It’s a shame the BB isn’t that height, with a 160 fork, and the bigger wheels. It would have been immense then 🙂

That was one of my few complaints with the one I rode for a while. With 650 wheels & a 160 Pike it was pretty high up. And the dire clearance with a decent rear tyre.

Looks good in with the new forks though, Just need a set of black cranks now!

theflatboy
    Free Member

The Pikes look much better on that frame, so double win!

P20

Cheers.
    I did debate about 650b, but give I don’t know what the industry will do, I stuck with 26″. Gives me an excuse to buy the 650b fork in a few years time 😈

chickenman

BB height will of course be higher with a 160mm rocker, 650b wheelset and a longer fork; which rocker do you have on?
    Some folk are running a 650b at the front only. I might go down that route on my mk10 when I upgrade my front rim (I’m running 140mm travel at the rear, 160 Lyriks up front atm.
    Still getting used to being able to really weight the front wheel on corners (my previous bike was 5 deg steeper in the headangle!!).

P20

Stuck with 26″. It’s got 140mm rockers. God knows how much bother I could get into with 160mm. It’s on the stock headset cups, I haven’t looked at the steeper/slacker options

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I can’t see the issue with rear tyre clearance. I’ve run a 2.4 Fat Albert without any problems – which is quite a big tyre.

pedroball
    Free Member

What a nice bike ! Whats putting me off a bit is how high the bb might be with 650b and 160 forks… that and the rear tyre clearance. Does it work out okay?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New Frame: Liteville 301 Mk11’ is closed to new replies.