Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Frame Is it worth it?.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Ive got one of these which is excellent but thinking of buying one of these . Is it worth the hassle changing frames ?. If so what are the advantages.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Components may not be the same size. Also upgrading stuff on that frame might be a good idea

tron
    Free Member

You'll almost certainly need shims for the front mech, and perhaps a new seatpost if the GT one isn't 27.2. Some alloy bikes to have 27.2 seatposts, but they're unusual.

retro83
    Free Member

and perhaps a new seatpost if the GT one isn't 27.2. Some alloy bikes to have 27.2 seatposts, but they're unusual.

not that unusual, I had a GT something-or-other in 2005, it had a 27.2 seatpost, so you might be lucky

I would personally not bother though, unless you've got a specific issue with that frame. They're probably a similar weight and geo.

stanfree
    Free Member

Retro the GT is a 27.2 seat post , to be honest Its a cosmetic issue . Very happy with the GT but just fancied a change and On ones seem to be in vogue at the moment.

I go through fazes of hankering after different bikes but probably wouldn't be any happier .

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

i'd go for it, its a nice frame at a good price, steel in a nicer ride.

tron
    Free Member

You'll still need shims for the front mech and a new seatclamp.

higgo
    Free Member

i'd go for it, its a nice frame at a good price, steel in a nicer ride.

You'll still need shims for the front mech and a new seatclamp.

Would it be cheeky to mention the 456 frame I'm selling on Ebay at this point? It's tatty but includes front mech and seatclamp so you could try it, see if you like it and then either put up with the tattiness, paint it or buy a new one.

edit: assuming it's the right size, obviously.

Wookster

Yes mate go for it!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Frame Is it worth it?.’ is closed to new replies.