Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • New frame – faulty or design feature?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I had that a few years ago on a steel 456, headtube was obviously bashed in transit by courier. On One will replace it without quibble.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You do talk shite sometimes hora ,

Fact is 400 quid IS cheap for a carbon frame same as 2000 pounds would be cheap for a brand new show room car

But the above frame pictured needs sending back its had a drop on the nose there.

hora
    Free Member

You do talk shite sometimes hora

Its £400. Are you abit thick? Do you go out on a night out with wads of cash? Do you know, even a guess at how much these things cost to make? Do you often go into shops and bow and thank the shopkeeper for letting you have his product? Idiot.

eyerideit
    Free Member

hora – Member
    £400 is cheap?

Idiot content post

£400 IS cheap in the context of a carbon HT. You’d be hard pushed to buy any frame from a known brand for that price point, never mind a carbon one.

Drats! curse my slow typing

hora
    Free Member

Sorry I didn’t realise STW had turned into ATGNI.

I’ll pop you few posters down as the new breed of Big Hitters.

eyerideit
    Free Member

^^^^^^ Someone’s got the Monday grumps

😯

trail_rat
    Free Member

No one forces you to buy a carbon frame

Everying is relevent……

Cost of manufacture??t , cost of tooling vs scale of manufacture is the pertinant question …

Things cost peanuts to make once you have the moulds and tooling paid for.

firestarter
    Free Member

I’m skint but a night in town costs at least a ton so a carbon frame for four nights on the lash is great value 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

C456s are cheap frames. There’s no two ways about it. That’s why I have one! 🙂
    I origionally built mine up for under £1000 with Hope/Mavic wheels, 140mm Fox forks, Magura brakes and SRAM X9 and it weighed bugger all. I don’t buy expensive bikes…. Fore the price, there’s no recognised brand that even comes close as far as I’m aware. 🙂

andybanks
    Free Member

Thought I’d just better add a few things here.

Most importantly my wife chose the kitchen colours 🙂

A few people have mentioned why bring this up and a forum and not go straight to On One and a few comments on ‘what do you expect for a cheap frame’.

I only posted on here to check whether this was a fault or a design feature – nothing in my original message slagged On One off. It looked a deliberate shape so wanted to check first before going back to On One or trying to knock a headset in last night.

I know full well On One will replace it as my experience at their showroom yesterday and my experience with their customer service in the past has been faultless.

The quality of the frame, if it wasn’t for this knock it’s had on the front, is excellent and the headset I bought to go with it seems to be great value for money – and that’s what it comes down to surely?

We all have different ideas of what’s cheap and what’s expensive but I’m more than happy in paying £400 for this frame – once this little bump has been ironed out.

hora
    Free Member

Going back to the original post. I noticed (a short while ago) a similar dent in a alu frame on On One/Planet X’s website.

Looks VERY similar to the OPs post/pic but of course in alu. Caused by a careless Courier no doubt. Whats the crack(!) with say alu over the carbon? If you use a reeming tool gently surely it’d be ok?

wwaswas

did the op get a replacement?

If a headset still fits, you don’t have a problem.

If a headset doesn’t fit, contact On-One and they’ll sort it out for you.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘New frame – faulty or design feature?’ is closed to new replies.