Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New frame conundrum…
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Right I have a bit of a conundrum and was hoping that the STW could help / offer some advice.

Firstly the background, I’ve had a Banshee Rune as my main bike for 18 months now and it’s fab, easily the best bike I’ve owned but it is a lot of bike. To date I’ve been able to justify it with up lift days and big days out but since the arrival of mini me, my riding is shorter and more local which is emphasising the overkill of the Rune. I’ve also been riding my Skackline loads…I’ve not touched the Rune since August. The Slackline is too small for longer rides but lots of fun, I also do t mind chucking it in the garage covered in mud due yo the lack of pivots and expensive shocks.

This has all hit me thinking about getting something sensible, but what. I’m a bit of a Stanton fan these days so am looking there at the mo.

Initially I thought about the new Switchback (650b wheels would make it easy to upgrade in the future when I want / feel I need another bouncy bike) but thinking about it it’s quite an aggro bike. I’m sure it’s great fun but part of me worries that it’ll end up being overkill. And the green isn’t available until March.

Bearing in mind how much I love my Slackline, I though I could get the Ti version. That’d be ace, I’m sure but it’s a lot on money for an ‘out of date’ wheel size. For now it’d have to run my Devilles up front possibly making it a bit daft. Is Ti really that amazing to ride?

I guess the most sensible bike would be a Sherpa. I guess I’m doing lots of trail ridng / mincing at the mo. I could then keep my Slackline which I guess is worth very little for mucking about at Stile Cop etc. I know very little about 29ers having largely ignored them, but it looks lovely.

Any thoughts would be appreciated whilst I mull over what to do.

rob2
    Free Member

Carbon 456 evo. Can be built light or big. Frame itself is light. Although 26″ it takes big 650b tyres and with a slackset you could offset the change. And it’s cheap so if you sell on you won’t lose much.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Not a fan of the 456 Carbon. I struggle with the looks a bit if I’m honest.

matther01
    Free Member

Ti slackline is the best frame I’ve owned. Did the dyfi enduro on it. Only got it in May but won’t be changing for a long while yet. Proper do it all bike with dual position forks…and incredibly comfy and composed in most situations.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Have yo got an pics of your Ti? Part of me is tempted just because it’s a bit special. It’d be quite a nice build too, but my Devilles are fixed position.

How do you thubk it climbs? My Slackline climbs like a pig, but I’m not sure if that’s because it is fundamentally too small for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New frame conundrum…’ is closed to new replies.