Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Frame
  • Bludgeon
    Free Member

Hi,

Thanks to destroying my Trance X frame in a road accident I now have about £900/£1000 to spend on a replacement.

My riding has come along a bit so I am looking for something more all mountain and less XC. A bit more exciting….

I have a Fox F120RL fork that I should re-use, but I might be tempted to get something else if the frame comes in cheaper than planned.

Any recommendations gratefully accepted.

Thanks.

B

peteimpreza

Cannondale Prophet would be my choice. In fact it is what I am going to get as soon as I have the funds.

peteimpreza

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hairychested
    Free Member

seconded

AndyA
    Free Member

Buy a specialized pitch, keep the frame and forks, swap the rest of your gear over to it from the trance, then flog the rest of the stuff from the pitch.
    Thats what i’d do.

flyingmonkeycorps

If you like the Trance what about a Reign / X? You’d need bigger forks, obviously.

rs
    Free Member

second the pitch, some people on here have been getting great deals on them lately, can’t go wrong with an FSR frame and pike fork.

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Yeah, both look good. Thanks….

Would my Fox F120RL work on those geometries or would I be better off getting a bigger fork?

DezB
    Free Member

You’ve been recommended full bikes for the price you were prepared to pay for a frame.
    I notice "XC" is one of your tags – maybe you’d want something a bit lighter than a Pitch or Prophet.
    Like what?
    Ermm…

geetee1972
    Free Member

120mm forks on a Pitch would materially alter the ride characteristic (drop the BB about half and inch, steepen the headangle by a degree). Having said that you can buy the whole bike and keep the forks.
    Have tried both the Pitch and Prophet and both are brilliant. I thnk the Pitch can keep a cool head in a more serious situation, but the Prophet is more than capable and quite a bit lighter.

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I started to get complicated, what with my old forks being to short in the travel and wheels needing new hubs, so I have paid a bit extra and ordered a complete Prophet 1. I’ll have a bag of bits from the wrecked bike that I can use to upgarde my old hardtail.

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Frame’ is closed to new replies.